Carnival Sunshine Oxygen Delivery

scteacher31

Hi! I am having a hard time finding a company that will deliver an oxygen concentrator and tanks to a cruise ship in the Charleston port. Does anyone have any suggestions? We called her oxygen company, Apria, and they said they stopped going to that port years ago. (Although there is an Apria office in Charleston.) Scoot Around only has small tanks and my mom needs the larger tanks. (Size D, I believe) 

1 hour ago, scteacher31 said:

Hi! I am having a hard time finding a company that will deliver an oxygen concentrator and tanks to a cruise ship in the Charleston port. Does anyone have any suggestions? We called her oxygen company, Apria, and they said they stopped going to that port years ago. (Although there is an Apria office in Charleston.) Scoot Around only has small tanks and my mom needs the larger tanks. (Size D, I believe) 

Just curious, but if you get a POC, why do you need tanks too?  I use medical oxygen and rent a Phillips Respironics SimplyGo when I travel, including cruising.  It is capable of constant flow up to 2L or pulse flow up to 6L.  Never had an issue on a plane or ship.

8 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe tanks are allowed currently, just concentrators.

You are mistaken.  You can use tanks but they must be delivered directly to the ship, you can't hand carry them onboard.  I went through this on my last cruise because they misinterpreted my medical form and thought I was bringing on tanks instead of a POC.  If they think you're bringing on tanks they will freeze your checkin process and make you call the special access people.