The Key Private Onboard Activities - Allure

Currently the Key is $100 more per person for the cruise over the price for 4 device internet ($700 vs $300). Debating on whether the flowrider, wall climbing private time is worth it for our 2 kids. Does anyone know if it's 1 time for an hour each activity or do they offer multiple times? I understand it's probably bad hours and port days but honestly never followed it. We are Diamond and have UDP so some of the other benefits are marginal. Appreciate any insight.

We were not on the Allure but on the Explorer last week. We had two sea days and both sea days each had private times from all of the activities. For the flowrider, our daughter and her friend were the only two on for first scheduled time. So pretty much a private session. There was also a private ice skate time which was great. And the Chops meal at embarkation was amazing as was the quiet breakfast at debarkation. The Key seating area was also a great thing to have for the ice skating show as the general seating filled up early. Hope that helps

Edited by ballarinamom
  • Like 1

I tried the private FlowRider and I-Fly times listed on my Key letter.  I also did the group lessons on both, and the free "public" sessions on both.  All the Key gives you is access to one extra session just like the "public" ones  -- these are not lessons.  It may be that the Key sessions have fewer participants on your sailing;  it was no different on mine.  6 people on I-Fly whether Key, public, or lessons - advantage of lesson is double the time flying.  About same participation on Key FlowRider as some public sessions.  The FlowRider lesson only had 4 "students" so we alternated for the full hour (and I did learn to stand up).  Two of the public stand-up FlowRider sessions toward the end of the trip only had 3 participants, due to cold weather.  The two of us who brought wetsuits on board had the place mostly to ourselves for the hour.

• Like 1

We booked 2 of the onboard FlowRider surf lessons for our cruise already at $69 each. My son really enjoyed the FlowRider on our last cruise so more access would be nice. The Key at full price seems a bit much for 4 of us but the discounted rate including wifi makes it interesting.

Omg. Key is nothing. Not even close to private lesson. You have UDP that is awesome all you need. Save your money. I find zero benefit with key. We always wake up late on departure day and go to park cafe. We walk off ship around 9:40. 

• Like 1