Costa Promotions?

TrustyJ

I have been on the lookout for Costa Cruise Promotions and it appears their pricing remains strong.  Does Costa occasionally run promotions or deals?  I see plenty from competitors but have yet to see one for Costa. 

Costa has often sales, but these differ from market to market. Right now Costa has an all inclusive for cruise only prices sale here. You never know in advance, just the black week offers come very reliable. I‘ve the impression that sales are depending on circumstances as well - including some very good prices for cruises starting soon and having many empty cabins left. This also means that their best selling cruises during high season are not very likely to be offered very cheap. Just keep an eye on their website dedicated for your residence, which limits Americans to their US site. Those of us based in the EU may book on every Costa site dedicated to any EU member country and shop around as long as we can handle the language - and the differences are often significant.

• Like 1

I received this email from them yesterday. Don't know if its country pacific or even for those in the Costa Club.

Unlimited drinks and fun! What are you waiting for?
                     ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌
                     ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌

Unlimited drinks and fun! What are you waiting for?

Online version

Hi Gerald,

The Promo CRUISE & DRINKS has arrived and to kick off 2023, what could be better than a cruise from £599 per person with unlimited lunches, dinners, snacks and drinks, all included in the price? Book now, cancellation is free up to 60 days before departure².

Your first cruise of the year!

10 hours ago, TrustyJ said:

I appreciate the responses.  I don't see top much chatter regarding Costa Cruises on here and other forums.  Looking forward to first cruise with them in early March. 

Yes it’s the quietest forum I’ve seen. I’m sailing with them 3rd February 2023

On 1/18/2023 at 8:42 AM, TrustyJ said:

I appreciate the responses.  I don't see top much chatter regarding Costa Cruises on here and other forums.  Looking forward to first cruise with them in early March. 

Dont think Cruise Critic do a Italian language version, so no surprises that these boards are not busy. MSC seem to be a pan European cruise line with many sailings in America so is far more busy than Costa boards. Costa is defenatly a Italian customer based line.

No doubt, Costa is an Italian product and Italians are their main target group. Costa Croicere SpA is an Italian company and the ships are sailing under Italian flag. But Costa has a lot of international customers as well, I have also been on cruises with them where French or German were the most spoken languages, just depending on the part of the world the cruise took place. Just English speaking guests are not so often found on Costas. Get me right, English is always spoken, but English native speakers are definitlely a small group aboard, while by far the most on Cruise Critic. By the way, MSC is often said to be Italian, in fact it is a Swiss company and the ships are sailing under the flag of Malta. Only the owner family has Italian roots, while the owner of Costa is a company registered both in New York and London - and Costa is definitely not very British…

Like many of you, I'm travelling with Costa for the first time, too. It's usually been RCL (and some MSC) for me. 

I'm travelling on the Costa Smeralda in February, huuuuge ship, but with LNG-engines, which I wanted to check out. So I'm all excited about it. I'll see what my "Costa test cruise" will be like. 🙂

About prices and offers: I booked on the Costa Website directly (German version), for a what-I-thought quite appropriate price. Just a few hours later, I saw the exact same tour on a German travel agency's website for about 15% cheaper -  and the website even offered a perfect upgrade option. Anyway I was so angry at myself for not checking the other website first!  😞 Some of you might know the feeling.

However, Costa offers a "best price guarantee". So if there is a better offer anywhere (within the next 24 hours of one's own booking, that was their only restriction), you get the difference as onboard credit. 

So I filled out their form. And what should I say: It actually worked. 🙂 There were two very nice ladies replying to my request (I had first mentioned the wrong sum, so there was little back and forth). They were very polite and quick and promptly put the 15% on my onboard credit. Perfect!

So, you too can rest a little at ease. No worries if you see a better price shortly after booking.

Of course, it would have been easier for me not to have to ask for the onboard credit. But well, it was my own fault of not checking the other website before booking.

I was really angry at myself first, but I'm very glad Costa Cruises kept their word. The best price guarantee actually worked and now I'm all excited to get on the Costa Smeralda.

I'll write a review then - to get more action going in the Costa forum ;-).

Have a good day!

On 1/26/2023 at 3:21 PM, BavariaIsBeautiful said:

Like many of you, I'm travelling with Costa for the first time, too. It's usually been RCL (and some MSC) for me. 

I'm travelling on the Costa Smeralda in February, huuuuge ship, but with LNG-engines, which I wanted to check out. So I'm all excited about it. I'll see what my "Costa test cruise" will be like. 🙂

About prices and offers: I booked on the Costa Website directly (German version), for a what-I-thought quite appropriate price. Just a few hours later, I saw the exact same tour on a German travel agency's website for about 15% cheaper -  and the website even offered a perfect upgrade option. Anyway I was so angry at myself for not checking the other website first!  😞 Some of you might know the feeling.

However, Costa offers a "best price guarantee". So if there is a better offer anywhere (within the next 24 hours of one's own booking, that was their only restriction), you get the difference as onboard credit. 

So I filled out their form. And what should I say: It actually worked. 🙂 There were two very nice ladies replying to my request (I had first mentioned the wrong sum, so there was little back and forth). They were very polite and quick and promptly put the 15% on my onboard credit. Perfect!

So, you too can rest a little at ease. No worries if you see a better price shortly after booking.

Of course, it would have been easier for me not to have to ask for the onboard credit. But well, it was my own fault of not checking the other website before booking.

I was really angry at myself first, but I'm very glad Costa Cruises kept their word. The best price guarantee actually worked and now I'm all excited to get on the Costa Smeralda.

I'll write a review then - to get more action going in the Costa forum ;-).

Have a good day!

I think you booked the 6 night / 7 days mediterranean cruise starting from 359 € for the interior cabin right?

If yes, this cruise is also on my watchlist. A 6 night cruise is quite uncommon. I would book through a TA here in Germany, offering a 100€ coupon on cruise booking. The coupon itself costs 6,50€. Would also apply for 40€ OBC from the shareholder benefit. 

This would result in 359-93,50-40=226€ for 6 nights.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Actually you also check the price and book on Costa (Austria .at) and Costa (Swiss .ch). 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

We had some crazy sales, error fares and as well as:

Here are some Deals I posted: You can use Google Translate 😉

1. https://www.mydealz.de/deals/costa-de-at-15-tage-14-un-kreuzfahrt-mit-der-costa-fascinosa-von-pointe-a-pitre-savona-ab-439eur-inkl-flug-anreise-preisfehler-2120151

2. https://www.mydealz.de/deals/costa-pacifica-15-tage-14-un-karibik-kreuzfahrt-von-la-romana-fur-739eur-in-balkon-aussen-oder-innenkabine-direktflug-ab-277eur-ab-mxp-2119521

3. https://www.mydealz.de/deals/15-tage-14-un-costa-fascinosa-karibik-kreuzfahrt-mit-13-stops-inklusive-flug-und-transfer-fur-1329eur-in-der-aussenkabine-2111372

4. https://www.mydealz.de/deals/costa-ch-14-tage-13-un-kreuzfahrt-mit-der-costa-fascinosa-von-pointe-a-pitre-marseille-fur-250-eur-246-chf-balkonkabine-transatlantik-2110721

5. https://www.mydealz.de/deals/costa-at-15-tage-14-un-kreuzfahrt-mit-der-costa-pacifica-von-la-romana-marseille-fur-nur-169eur-in-der-aussenkabine-transatlantik-2110720

On 1/19/2023 at 5:49 PM, TrustyJ said:

Ah sailing out of the U.A.E.?  I am about ready to book that on Toscana in March. 

As I mentioned above, you can really book through any of the Costa Websites. So if you know the cruise date. Just heck through the different Costa websites. 

Costa Cruise and Drinks offer.

On the UK site there is a cruise and drinks offer, so you pay for the cruise and get a free drinks package.

I have tried a mock booking with some dates i am interested in, that includes the offer. However when i go through to choosing the cabin it comes up with the usual choices, basic or with drinks package with the cost significantly higher with the drinks package, which rather defeats the purpose of the offer. Has anybody booked this offer?, i am wondering if you book the basic package without drinks the offer will then apply and show the drinks package on your receipt? 

image.thumb.png.47a43ef0bb632209c04b7221719ef1de.png

12 hours ago, gerryuk said:

From the UK site, not sure if its on other Costa sites around the world.

image.thumb.png.08d87b00cc413a15ef731145a343f7bb.png

Starting from 599. Maybe for a 4 night cruise. Thats 150 GBP not a real deal. 

In AT DE CH it's 599€

So they even give people in th UK a higher price => 599 GBP = 675€

41 minutes ago, Aeroplex said:

Starting from 599. Maybe for a 4 night cruise. Thats 150 GBP not a real deal. 

In AT DE CH it's 599€

So they even give people in th UK a higher price => 599 GBP = 675€

That's not correct, the price shown is for a solo cruise. Did this cruise to Dubai in November and its not that much dearer for this years cruise. And its over 20 nights.

image.thumb.png.1f0a4e38e972a2f4746440c21fc580e6.png

• 1 month later...

I sailed with Costa once and get promotion emails from them occasionally.  Right now, they have a 75 year Costa promotion with discounts on 75 different cruises.  Last month, they had a number of discounted cruises as well.  The new promotion started right after the old one finished.  Unfortunately, the cruises they discount are usually not the ones I'm interested in.  What I like is warm weather and new ships (I don't really care how old they are, but the older Costa ships don't have enough dining options IMHO), so the Mediterranean in March of the fjords, even in June, is not for me.  I'd freeze to death before reaching the buffet for the afternoon focaccia.