Anyone know if there will be 3rd/4th guest (kids) free promo anytime soon? just curious.

tartana

I see Princess has a promo on currently for 3/4th guests free, and I wondered if any of you regular cruisers would have any idea of the possibility of Celebrity doing the same anytime soon? Just curious....thanks in advance. 

I don’t recall Cekebrity ever offering “kids sail free. “ Royal dies often but the price reduction promos are somewhat suspect as each new promo often ends up with the same fare or higher. One has to be vigilant and check prices often to get a better price. 

1 minute ago, luv4cruises said:

I don’t recall Cekebrity ever offering “kids sail free. “ Royal dies often but the price reduction promos are somewhat suspect as each new promo often ends up with the same fare or higher. One has to be vigilant and check prices often to get a better price. 

It does seem that many promos do just mean a higher price somewhere else lol. 

26 minutes ago, tartana said:

I see Princess has a promo on currently for 3/4th guests free, and I wondered if any of you regular cruisers would have any idea of the possibility of Celebrity doing the same anytime soon? Just curious....thanks in advance. 

I hope so.  From my perspective the worst promotion is "Kids Sail Free."   The last thing I want onboard is more kids.  

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I hope so.  From my perspective the worst promotion is "Kids Sail Free."   The last thing I want onboard is more kids.  

we have two little grandbabies and have been considering a short "family" cruise later in the spring. It may make it more feasible if there's a promo.  Kind of daunting to pay regular price for and AI cabin for an 8 month old baby and 2 year old lol....and we like Celebrity. 

Celebrity has done "kids sail free (as 3rd/4th)" promos in the past in the pre-COVID days.  It was not a regular thing that you could necessarily sit back and wait for it to come like you could with a Black Friday sale.  Celebrity has not done it since the post-COVID startup but they are fond of taking their promotional discounts and repackaging them in different forms.

Edited by mahdnc

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Celebrity had done "kids sail free (as 3rd/4th)" promos in the past in the pre-COVID days.  It was not a regular thing that you could necessarily sit back and wait for it to come like you could with a Black Friday sale.  Celebrity has not done it since the post-COVID startup but Celebrity is fond of taking their promotional discounts and repackaging them in different forms.

Maybe we'll see their next promotion in a different form.  Perhaps "Kids Pay Double" would attract a lot of passengers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think most cruise line specials, Celebrity included, are smoke and mirrors.  They alter prices and give promotions, but the end result is that you pay pretty much the same.

I am not anti children in any way, but one thing that bothered us was when our favourite ski resort  offered Kids Stay and Ski Free all season.  Their overall prices went up considerably, so we felt as if we were subsidising other people's children.  We found another resort.

3 hours ago, tartana said:

I would highly doubt that Celebrity would do a kids sail free or even 2for1...while kids can and do (though not many thankfully) cruise on Celebrity, they do not market themselves as being family friendly and thankfully so.

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I would highly doubt that Celebrity would do a kids sail free or even 2for1...while kids can and do (though not many thankfully) cruise on Celebrity, they do not market themselves as being family friendly and thankfully so.

What?  There is a whole section of their website about family cruising.  They also do "Kids Sail Free" promotions.  In 2019, they were offering it for select sailings through mid-2021 but of course the pandemic upended many of those trips.  They run all sorts of promotions to fill the ships that need filling with whoever will book, and that includes going after the family market.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/family-fun

• Like 1

My suggestion would be to focus on the total price, and not get overly focused on the promotions (except you should definitely only purchase using a rate with a promotion).  Until there's actual price increases, usually as time passes, the total cost less any so called discounts (with the countdown clock to create urgency and FOMO) come in at about the same give or take a bit.  The publicly disclosed base prices, and other rates, can be found on various websites that show multiple rates for a room (e.g., icruise).  As you probably have seen, prices on the website until you get to the end are usually an average based on room occupancy, but then when you look at the breakout kids seem to be at a lesser amount.  Also, for dining and excursions purchased through Celebrity there is usually a lower price for kids.