Carnival WiFi— Apple vs Analog Phone?

tcarter0226

Currently our first morning on the Magic.   I purchased the Premium Plan.  Yesterday and this morning everything is as I expected.   Slow, but usable yesterday, even better early this morning with fewer users.  (I’ve been able to post this with no issues)

My sons—both young adults and VERY computer savvy— also purchased a premium plan to share and they have not been able to utilize anything other than the Hub App.  

My mother, purchased the midlevel value plan, and its the same for her.  

The only difference I know of is our physical technology.  Im using a new iPhone 14 —- they are using various analog devices (google phones, Samsung).

They have invested WAY to much money!!  We need to figure this out or go to Guess Services and request a refund. 

Has anybody else noticed a difference on various devices??   Any other Idea what might be going on?

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by tcarter0226
Spelling

If they can only use the HUB app, it sounds like they haven't logged in yet. Wifi speeds are really dependent on ship and region you're sailing in, and Carnival is known to give partial or full refunds if you let them try to help you but nothing improves (need to request this while onboard, though).

I was on the Dream in December and used my ipad and android phone- both had reliable connection, but my android definitely did better in terms of speed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tcarter0226 said:

The only difference I know of is our physical technology.  Im using a new iPhone 14 —- they are using various analog devices (google phones, Samsung).

THIS is an analog phone  🤣 :

51CgMCKrrgL._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

My wife and daughter use iPhones, I use an android, and we've never seen much difference.  If you're sons are able to access the Hub App but not the internet it certainly sounds like they're not logged in.  Go to Guest Services and see if they can help solve the issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tcarter0226 said:

My sons—both young adults and VERY computer savvy— also purchased a premium plan to share and they have not been able to utilize anything other than the Hub App.  

Agreed with the poster below sounds like they aren't logged in.

General course of action to login:

Airplane mode, wifi on - select Carnival shipname wifi

Go to gologin.com in a browser, and go to I have a plan and login in

They'll need to add the folio information for the person who purchased the plan

You can't share plans, if one is correctly logged in the other will not be able to be logged in at the same time. That person will have to go to www.logout.com to log out to allow the other person to login. This is what I do if I want to switch between my devices. If they want to use the plan at the same time they will have to buy two plans. 

• Like 1