Ramses Tours and Ramasside Tours - why two names but same company?

dbirds

After looking at both websites for these companies, I realize they are the same company.  Does anyone know why?  Is there an advantage to book with one versus the other?

Thank you in advance!

On 1/15/2023 at 9:55 AM, dbirds said:

After looking at both websites for these companies, I realize they are the same company.  Does anyone know why?  Is there an advantage to book with one versus the other?

Thank you in advance!

Thank you for asking this.  I've been wondering myself.  We have booked with Ramses, but having issues getting them to communicate back to us.  Making me very nervous about using them....

On 1/19/2023 at 7:57 PM, mickeysgal said:

Thank you for asking this.  I've been wondering myself.  We have booked with Ramses, but having issues getting them to communicate back to us.  Making me very nervous about using them....

Same here.  I’d read on here and trip advisor about how great and amazing they are.  I couldn’t get a response from them about setting up a tour. I think it took a couple weeks for them to get back to me. In the meantime, I found, what I hope to be, a great guide on tours by locals. Best I can tell is that they farm out inquiries to their various guides.  I may be completely wrong but that’s how it appeared to me. 

Edited by dcbiker97

On 1/27/2023 at 11:23 AM, TroubleT said:

Did anyone receive a response from them? I contacted them twice via email and no response yet.
How can I count on them if they can't answer a simple question in the email?

I eventually did, but it took several weeks.  Like you, I had the same observation so I ended up going a different route. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

I eventually did, but it took several weeks.  Like you, I had the same observation so I ended up going a different route. 

Did you find a different tour operator in Egypt? 
If yes, would you please share the info?
Thank you so much!