VNP

marnie2005

19 hours ago, marnie2005 said:

Any feedback on NCL’s tour of Volcano National Park that they offer? It’s 4 1/2 hours, is that enough time?

I haven't taken this specific tour but have been to VNP several times. The 4.5 hours is subjective-- its a huge national park. You could spend days there (one of our favorite things is to stay overnight at Volcano House Hotel located within the park and spend 2 days exploring). 

VNP is very easy to do on your own with a rental car-- if you feel like you might want more time, or do things at your own pace, then this would be the way to do that. It will obviously depend on the length of your port stop-- you might be able to get an extra 2 hours in but you'll also have to account for the time picking up and dropping off the car. Personally I can't stand busses and organized tours so this would be how I would do it in this situation. 

If you would prefer not to go through the hassle of renting a car then the NCL tour will both get you there as well as guarantee your timely return to the ship. 

• Like 1

princeton123211 gives great feedback.

My 2 cents is nothing on the NCL cruise gives you enough time, but it is not supposed to. It is supposed to give you a taste of each island and then you decide in the future where you want to return.

We did a lot of "if it's Tuesday, it's Denmark" cruises in Europe and we saw places we wanted to go back to that we might never have discovered/visited otherwise.

If the NCL cruise is your one and only experience in Hawaii, you'd have no idea how many great things you are missing on each island.