Anyone on Pursuit now? How are things?

asnaleah

Guest Cooper2020
2 hours ago, asnaleah said:

We sail next month and just want to be prepared. How is the overall condition? Is the television used for accounts, menus, etc. What kind of TV is on board? How’s the wine situation? Thanks in advance!

Well - just returned from 30 nights on Pursuit.  The ship seems like all the other ships - lovely living room great atmosphere for us oldies (Early 60's) for a boogie. .

The wine situation is a little frustrating.  Booked Ultimate Package but wines not always available - had to have alternatives.  You could not get your account up on the television in room - had to go to customer relations for updates on account.  Never used the TV so unable to comment on that.  The only big problem was cold food!  Felt like was complaining much of the time  but to serve food on cold plates is not the right thing to do. 

46 minutes ago, Cooper2020 said:.  The only big problem was cold food!  Felt like was complaining much of the time  but to serve food on cold plates is not the right thing to do. 

Cold food is not something a first time Azamara cruiser wants to hear.  With final payment due in February, I need to make a decision.

8 hours ago, shank63 said:

Cold food is not something a first time Azamara cruiser wants to hear.  With final payment due in February, I need to make a decision.

Our most recent Pursuit cruise was July 2022, and everything was up to Azamara standards, except for the variability of wines in the Ultimate package (caused largely by supply chain glitches, IMO.) We did not experience any cold food on that cruise, or indeed on our four Onward cruises in 2022. I know that others have had instances of cold food on both of these ships, but it doesn’t seem to happen on every meal, and fortunately has never happened to us. I agree with @lauriebthat to us it’s not sufficient reason to cancel a cruise.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We were on the December cruise to Rio and found the ship to be in very nice condition.  Very tasteful decor. We had only the complementary drinks package which was OK. I do think it is extremely poor for this class of cruise not to include any liqueurs. Food was good but not significantly better than P&O, RCCL, Marella etc. The service was very good and entertainment staff very friendly. A very enjoyable ship that we would happy to cruise on again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My cruise will take us to some of the ports of the current itinerary. It is an amazing region. I would like to know about the enrichment lectures on board. Who is conducting them and what is the impression. For example when cruising the Beagle Channel and the Magellan Strait years ago on board the Celebrity Infinity, we had excellent lectures. Cruisers are not posting right now. I guess they are busy enjoying the cruise.

Ivi

5 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Internet speed is less than good.  Not sure why someone mentioned starlink.

Ship is less than full

Starlink is present on Onward, (or at least was in December and January) may be in the future for the other ships?

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 1

Am also onboard. First timer, been generally good so far. Staff are v good. Ship seems to me to be well maintained but obviously not looking like the newer Viking or Oceania vessels. I explained it to my wife pre booking as slight faded country house hotel which is what it feels like and we like that look. Very informal which I also like.

I also went to the Carnival show last night, it far exceeded our expectations. Unlike travelberlin, we preferred the singing to the drums but I was impressed by the quality and planning throughout. Glad I didn't miss it.

Food is a bit early to say but OK so far. The wine issues I've posted on elsewhere. That needs fixing. Been busy, most of the time off ship so far....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

Am also onboard. First timer, been generally good so far. Staff are v good. Ship seems to me to be well maintained but obviously not looking like the newer Viking or Oceania vessels. I explained it to my wife pre booking as slight faded country house hotel which is what it feels like and we like that look. Very informal which I also like.

I also went to the Carnival show last night, it far exceeded our expectations. Unlike travelberlin, we preferred the singing to the drums but I was impressed by the quality and planning throughout. Glad I didn't miss it.

Food is a bit early to say but OK so far. The wine issues I've posted on elsewhere. That needs fixing. Been busy, most of the time off ship so far....

I liked the drums as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Internet speed is less than good.  Not sure why someone mentioned starlink.

Ship is less than full

I am experiencing good internet in comparison with previous Azamara cruises. Maybe you will

have to ask?

I have understood that there are about 470 passengers on board. 
Ivi

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I am experiencing good internet in comparison with previous Azamara cruises. Maybe you will

have to ask?

I have understood that there are about 470 passengers on board. 
Ivi

I’m on deck 8 aft.   Just did a speed test, it came back around 18 download. Upload less than 3

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

may depend on ship and supply - on Onward in December it was 3 small bottles.

Yes, that’s what we had on Onward. We were able to trade the three small bottles for one larger bottle of something we liked much better.

• Thanks 1