Tel Aviv airport to Haifa port

skyootr

Hi 

We will are booked on the Nov 20th Norwegian Epic out of Haifa which is scheduled to leave port at 11pm apparently.  
we will be flying intoTel Aviv with a 315 pm arrival time. Is It feasible to travel to Haifa and arrive at the ship in good time to board? 
trying to determine if we need fly in a day early or can manage same day. 

Also wondering about transport options for 5 people from Tel Aviv to Haifa- any recommendations?
Thanks in advance. 

Have you been to Israel before?  It depends on your interests. I would try to book to arrive at least two days prior. Remember, it starts to get dark around 4:30-5:00 at that time of year.  Don't be lured by the supposed cheap airfare if it is going to restrict your time in that wonderful country!

• Like 1

Wait, you mean the flight arrives 3:15 PM on the same day you board the ship?

I expect it to be completely infeasible. While the ship may not leave the port until 11:00 PM, it certainly does not mean the passengers who embark that day can show up until then; unless specifically contracted otherwise, the check in staff, luggage handlers and immigration officials aren't just going to hang around until night!

Double check the check-in window with NCL, I suspect that it will close around 5 or so. A 3 PM scheduled arrival to Tel Aviv airport will have high chances of leading to being denied boarding, even in the most optimal case.

• Like 2

Thanks for your responses. Good point about the NCL check in closing time - I hadn't thought about that - thanks.

Yes I have been to Israel before 🙂 lived there for a year many, many moons ago!  We will likely fly in the day before as unfortunately from where we are in Canada most flight (regardless of cost) arrive at 3:15pm the next day!