Have you experienced Winemaker's dinner on Majestic lately?

CruzeQueen2

Would love to hear from anyone who has experienced a Winemaker's dinner lately, specifically on the Majestic.  Would love to hear about the kind of food and wine pairings that are offered. Failing that, how about the Chef's Table - on the Majestic. With an upcoming sailing, I finally have some friends who are seriously interested in trying this out with me. Any other food recommendations or comments about the Bistro Sur la Mer or Harmony would be appreciated as well. I am interested in specifics, if you have first hand experience.  We already have bookings for the Crown Grill. Thanks!

• Like 1

We did all of the above: WM dinner, Chef Table, Sur la Mer and Harmony on Majestic. We loved them all. 

At Harmony, we had the wonton soup and either lemon or orange chicken and the dessert with the boba pearls. At Sur la Mer DH had duck while I had filet. For dessert, his was a wonderful port; mine was the floating islands. Oh, and appetizers were escargot and lobster bisque: delicious!

Both Chef Table and Winemaker Dinner left us impressed and amazed at the culinary skills.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jwattle said:

We did all of the above: WM dinner, Chef Table, Sur la Mer and Harmony on Majestic. We loved them all. 

At Harmony, we had the wonton soup and either lemon or orange chicken and the dessert with the boba pearls. At Sur la Mer DH had duck while I had filet. For dessert, his was a wonderful port; mine was the floating islands. Oh, and appetizers were escargot and lobster bisque: delicious!

Both Chef Table and Winemaker Dinner left us impressed and amazed at the culinary skills.

Thank you! @jwattle looking forward to trying new venues. Great to get your input! Curious, did you skip Crown Grill?

Edited by CruzeQueen2

We did on that trip, but we will be doing it in November. We skipped it because we've had it several times on other ships and were impressed by Sur la Mer and Harmony so we did repeat performances. We also had Club Class which was enjoyable. You'll have an amazing time on Majestic! Her crew is top notch❤

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@geepmaley I highly recommend you try The Catch. We were there the very first night in May, official opening night. Loved it soooo much we booked it for our last night as well. We're not disappointed. Cover charge $39 per person. You won't regret it. Replaces Sur le Mer. Enjoy! Every morsel... I did!

Edited by CruzeQueen2
Removing photos
  • Like 2

We did the WMD while on the Sky this past February.  I was concerned about all of the discussion here on CC about this "new" WMD so I asked a lot of questions.  They acted like I was speaking Latin!  Nobody (including the restaurant manager) knew anything about a "new" flavor.  We experienced the same $40 offering that we've had on several cruises over the past couple of years.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@geepmaley I highly recommend you try The Catch. We were there the very first night in May, official opening night. Loved it soooo much we booked it for our last night as well. We're not disappointed. Cover charge $39 per person. You won't regret it. Replaces Sur le Mer. Enjoy! Every morsel... I did!

There is no availability right now per the app outside a couple nights at 9:10PM. That sounds "fishy" to me (pun intended)

52 minutes ago, geepmaley said:

There is no availability right now per the app outside a couple nights at 9:10PM. That sounds "fishy" to me (pun intended)

They do not release all tables to the pre-cruise reservation system.  Very likely you can book on board.