What's capacity these days? Anyone one the Wonder this week?

19 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

Plenty of staff. Don’t know exact ratio but staff are everywhere and are friendly and right there when you want them. Very few lines. Love it!

Any problems getting chairs, either at the pools or Solarium? We are a sun deprived crowd, and try to find shade while that far south. A bit concerned about finding a group of chairs in the shade.

17 minutes ago, FlatFooted Freda said:

Any problems getting chairs, either at the pools or Solarium? We are a sun deprived crowd, and try to find shade while that far south. A bit concerned about finding a group of chairs in the shade.

Plenty of chairs. Lots of chair hogs too.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

To get an idea do a mock booking on RC site.  Right now it's showing only 2 Jr suites available.  There are no available interior rooms.  1 forward ocean view. 1 CPB. 1 COB. 8 OVB.  I would guess it will be "near capacity". 

I never thought mock bookings gave you an accurate idea of capacity.  My wife and I did mock bookings side by side on two different computers at the same time and we were each given a completely different set of rooms to choose from.  It makes sense when you consider there are multiple people that could be looking at the same cruise and the issues it would cause if two people tried to book the same room at the same time.

I think a more accurate measure is if you go to a mack booking and see certain categories unavailable.  We've been on two cruises in the past few months and they were both near or at capacity.

1 hour ago, bjlaac said:

My wife and I did mock bookings side by side on two different computers at the same time and we were each given a completely different set of rooms to choose from. 

That may be true on the RCI site, but unlikely if you use a TA web site which provides a more complete list.

3 hours ago, FlatFooted Freda said:

The new design of the pool deck seems to have eliminated a lot of real estate for deck chairs poolside. However, they have added numerous in pool loungers that are quite nice and stadium seating (and bleachers) that have been empty both last week and this week.. As for the solarium, a lot fewer deck chairs there and numerous futons and couches have replaced them. A lot of open floor space with no furniture at all. To top that off there is no airflow as the solarium is completely enclosed and can get like a sauna on sunny days.

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

The new design of the pool deck seems to have eliminated a lot of real estate for deck chairs poolside. However, they have added numerous in pool loungers that are quite nice and stadium seating (and bleachers) that have been empty both last week and this week.. As for the solarium, a lot fewer deck chairs there and numerous futons and couches have replaced them. A lot of open floor space with no furniture at all. To top that off there is no airflow as the solarium is completely enclosed and can get like a sauna on sunny days.

Those in pool loungers are hard as a rock and quite useless for sitting on for any length of time.  I only saw people using them to snap a quick photo on and that was it.  However, the tiered stadium loungers with the padded cushions are very nice... I'm surprised Royal isn't charging a premium to use those 😁

I believe those padded chairs in the upper bleacher area are reserved for suites….at least they are on other ships…I have not been on Wonder yet so can’t say for sure but I know that area is reserved on several other ships .  Most suites use the private suite sun deck but they keep that area for those that like to be near a pool.

23 minutes ago, tiger13 said:

I believe those padded chairs in the upper bleacher area are reserved for suites….at least they are on other ships…I have not been on Wonder yet so can’t say for sure but I know that area is reserved on several other ships .  Most suites use the private suite sun deck but they keep that area for those that like to be near a pool.

There are no signs, stancheons or attendants anywhere near those chairs. They are for anyone to use. They are a unique feature on Wonder (not existent on any other oasis class ship) and my best guess is they were put there for the Chinese market demographic.

Edited by orville99

17 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There are no signs, stancheons or attendants anywhere near those chairs. They are for anyone to use. They are a unique feature on Wonder (not existent on any other oasis class ship) and my best guess is they were put there for the Chinese market demographic.

Yes, they are available to anyone and are unique to Wonder.  I used them several times on a September cruise and was not in a suite.  Couldn't figure out why Royal sprung for the cushions on generic pool loungers?  They're very nice and less crowded than other chairs, although they only face one direction in terms of the sun.

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

Yes, they are available to anyone and are unique to Wonder.  I used them several times on a September cruise and was not in a suite.  Couldn't figure out why Royal sprung for the cushions on generic pool loungers?  They're very nice and less crowded than other chairs, although they only face one direction in terms of the sun.

Since the Wonder was designed for the oriental market, my best guess is that the futons on the stadium seating and the cushioned chairs were probably intended for their high rollers comfort while watching the large movie screen.

The entire decor on the Wonder is oriental, from the pagodas and sculptures in the solarium to the origami and dragons in the elevator banks.