Transatlantic Sailings Entertainment at Sea

Carol28

I am very familiar with RCCL entertainment in their evening venues and with their morning games before we reach a port.  But, what do they offer for 6-8 days at sea?  We are considering taking one, but are unsure if we can handle that many days away from land.

They tend to pull out all the stops for TAs as they’re well aware of the risk of tedium. Lots of daytime activities to keep you occupied.

For instance on one of the sea days on Wonder’s eastbound TA last year there was a music festival in the Aqua theatre where all the musicians on board did a short set. That took up a whole afternoon and it was awesome.

That was my first TA and I too was apprehensive about so many sea days. But luckily the weather was great all crossing so I spent most of my days up by the pool and never once felt bored. The days flew by and it was over far too soon.

Had it been cold and wet I suppose it might have been a different story but I went armed with lots of books and downloaded plenty of TV to watch, much of which I never found time for! 

I loved it and now have two more TAs booked!

Edited by gumshoe958

We have done 7 TA's and just love the sea days. We are booked on the Enchantment for her April 30 crossing and can't wait. 

As far as extra entertainment, on several of our TA's they have had a special lecturer who did some sort of lecture, like on astronomy, weather, and we had one crossing where the guest lecturer did a movie tribute every sea day. Other than that, I really can't say they pull out all stops to keep people entertained, try your roll call and see what others have planned.

Cheers

Len

We also had the music festival in the Aquatheater during the Wonder Westbound TA last fall that was really nice.  There were also two guest lecturers during the week as well as the Promenade parades and other events.  We actually spent most of our time in our cabin due to the relaxed Covid restrictions.  Hardly anyone was wearing masks and there were a lot of people just hanging out in Cafe Promenade during the day and other locations.  We just didn't feel that comfortable being around the maskless during the TA (although we, like so many others, ended up having Covid after we returned home from the cruise).  Since we had an Owner's Suite we stayed there and had a blast.  We brought books and magazines, watched TV and surfed the web (the internet was fantastic).  We did 5 nights specialty dining which was nice and split our evening meals between Coastal Kitchen and the Windjammer.  If you want an idea of what to expect, I posted all the Cruise Compasses on Issuu.  You can find them here:  Wonder of the Seas WB TA Cruise Compasses