Online Check-in

fruitmachine

Azamara say that their online check-in opens 90 days before departure, but my cruise is now 88 days and it's not available yet.

Is this normal, and how long should I expect to wait before it opens?  I'd like to get my boarding time sorted so that I can book a hotel transfer time.

47 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Azamara say that their online check-in opens 90 days before departure, but my cruise is now 88 days and it's not available yet.

Is this normal, and how long should I expect to wait before it opens?  I'd like to get my boarding time sorted so that I can book a hotel transfer time.

Did you pay in full already? 
Ivi

I have found it’s really variable post-Covid and post-new ownership. Anything from10-60 days. There is a line on the screen saying that they will email me when it’s open, but they never have. I just keep checking back until online check-in is open.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, federalexpress said:

I was notified a month before on my cruise (which I'm boarding imminently).

I got an email and I think it had only just opened because I was able to get one of the first slots at 2pm.

How strict are they regarding adherence to your scheduled boarding time?  I ask as there can be a gap between hotel check out times and boarding making it preferable to be able to go from check out to boarding directly but that might be earlier than one’s scheduled time.

it may depend on the port and your scheduled time. You may find yourself having to wait about in/outside the terminal. Earliest slot is 2pm, I have done a few trips this year and when in hotel night before have had hotel store bags whilst go tour/have lunch before heading to port for 2pm...a couple of times shuttle times have had me arriving about 1:30pm then had to wait for checkin (some ports more comfortable than others for waiting)

Sometimes I have seen posts on social from people complaining about the waiting facilities when they have chosen to turn up far too early. The guidance on the documentation is not to arrive outside your time slot

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carnevale said:

How strict are they regarding adherence to your scheduled boarding time?  I ask as there can be a gap between hotel check out times and boarding making it preferable to be able to go from check out to boarding directly but that might be earlier than one’s scheduled time.

This is actually my first cruise with AZ so I'm not best placed to answer.

3 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

But not the 90 days that their FAQ states!image.thumb.png.5337541717e39881ec9a373c22b13d42.png

I’m sure you will be able to check in at least 30 days before embarking. 
If not, when we sailed out of Civitavecchia in October, we didn’t check in online. We just showed up at the check in tent at about noon. Waited in a seating are with light refreshments. Only 497 passengers on that sailing. 
We were on the ship around 1:00 PM 

Edited by jasardeax
Sp
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, lisiamc said:

I have found it’s really variable post-Covid and post-new ownership. Anything from10-60 days. There is a line on the screen saying that they will email me when it’s open, but they never have. I just keep checking back until online check-in is open.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:20 PM, jasardeax said:

I’m sure you will be able to check in at least 30 days before embarking. 
If not, when we sailed out of Civitavecchia in October, we didn’t check in online. We just showed up at the check in tent at about noon. Waited in a seating are with light refreshments. Only 497 passengers on that sailing. 
We were on the ship around 1:00 PM 

Our last cruise in November .... it was 7 days prior to our cruise before we could check in.

On 1/22/2023 at 7:41 PM, federalexpress said:

I was notified a month before on my cruise (which I'm boarding imminently).

I got an email and I think it had only just opened because I was able to get one of the first slots at 2pm.

Thanks to this thread, I just looked and I was able to check-in for our Feb. 28 cruise.

However, our Mar. 11 cruise shows unavailable for check-in. The site states that check-in will be available Jan. 25, but today is Jan. 26 and it is not available. Soon, I expect.

• Like 1