Account question regarding Royal cruiser taking first Celebrity cruise

Vagabond Knight

I've been a Celebrity cruiser for some years and created a Royal Caribbean account just in case I ever wanted to take a Royal cruise.  A few months back I tried to log into it and had to change my password when it said I had the wrong password.  After changing it, I then could not log into my Celebrity account because it was saying I was using the wrong password there.  After going back and forth with this a few times, I did some googling and found that RCCL had gone to a single login system a couple of years ago for both Royal and Celebrity and so every time I was changing it for one I was changing it for the other.  I guess I missed that notification about the single sign-in somehow, and it's not evident in my Celebrity account that I can get to any Royal stuff.  The only crossover item I see is when I go to Settings > My Loyalty, where I can then view both my Captain's Club number and my Crown & Anchor Society number. Perhaps I put that number in there some years ago... I don't really recall.

So anyhow, a friend will be joining me for an upcoming cruise and she has been a Royal cruiser and has never been on a Celebrity cruise.  I made the reservation through my Celebrity account.  Will she be able to log into her Royal account and somehow link/access the Celebrity cruise through her Royal account?

Edited by Vagabond Knight

I only skimmed your second paragraph, I thought your one question would be one sentence long

X = Celebrity

All you can do is can go into the X app profile and add your C&A number.  You’ll receive a matched status.  You cannot do anything else including logging into royal and see/manage X bookings.  X bookings are in your X account and RCI booking are under your RCI account

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

26 minutes ago, Vagabond Knight said:

So anyhow, a friend will be joining me for an upcoming cruise and she has been a Royal cruiser and has never been on a Celebrity cruise.  I made the reservation through my Celebrity account.  Will she be able to log into her Royal account and somehow link/access the Celebrity cruise through her Royal account?

No.  

On 1/17/2023 at 2:31 PM, oddly excitered said:

I recently booked my first on X after years with royal and yes the X site uses the same login.

Haven't figured out the captains club member number yet though, I assume as with royal it will be available after my first cruise is completed.

You can get a Celebrity Captains Club number before your first cruise