Catacombs in Rome or Venice?

Hello to all

I've been researching the web for our upcoming cruise and was on a sight last week that I can't find now.

It was of catacombs or a museum with skulls and bones it looked quite interesting but I can't seem to find it again.

If anyone has info on catacombs or this museum with bones let me know and if it is interesting.

Thanks

Heather:confused:

You might be referring to a post I did a few weeks ago about the interesting catacombs (wth bones) in Palermo, Sicily. There are also catacombs outside of Rome, under the St Peters in the Vatican, and in Paris. Do you recall the location?

Hank

We went to the Capuchin Monastery in Rome when we were there on a cruise. It's not a catacombs, per se. It's all above ground. The monks did some interesting things with their "brothers" bones over the years. It's definitely worth seeing. It will only take about 15 minutes, as it's a very small space.

If you're taking any kind of tour with a guide and have some freedom to choose what you'll see, ask to be taken here. Our guides knew exactly what we meant when we said "Capuchin Monastery." It's right IN Rome.

After our first visit,we called it the "bones"church !! On Via Veneto,just up from Piazza Barberini.It's a quick tour...but interesting !!!

The "hop-on...hop-off"bus happens to stop right out in front of the church.

Enjoy!!

Sharon

Archived