RCCL Cruiser in May, multiple ? Re Ferry on our own to Nevis Options

keishashadow

On RCCL docked in St Kitts on 5/9.  We’ve loved exploring St Kitts.  Wanted to relax on Pinney Beach in Nevis this time around.

Problem is the cruise excursions only offer a relatively short time on that beach as they are combined with with touring the island.  We just want beach time.  No idea if we can opt out of the drive portion of tour.  I called RCCL, was told not likely.  Would be nice if there was that option to just rejoin them at the beach.

the private tour operators I’ve googled all have that date blocked out on their schedules.  Going to assume, they are contracted to operate the ship’s tours.

just two of us, assume chartering a boat much more than I want to spend for the day.

My many Qs:

*are there multiple ferries (companies) operating from the marina next to where the ship docks in St. Kitts?

*do they all make the same route/marinas on both islands…as in can you mix or match companies or do you buy a round-trip tix?

*where is the dock in Nevis in relation to Pinney Beach?  is it walkable?  If not, is there transport (taxi) available?

*can we reserve a ferry seat for both ways, in advance of arriving in port?  It’s more than a bit worrisome if it’s first come, first served getting back to the ship.  

*also, with a 6 pm departure, would want to be back onboard at least by 5 pm…would a 2 or 3 pm return time on the ferry be advisable?  Plan to work in a cushion of time JIK something goes wrong with the original ferry/time.

8 hours ago, keishashadow said:

On RCCL docked in St Kitts on 5/9.  We’ve loved exploring St Kitts.  Wanted to relax on Pinney Beach in Nevis this time around.

Problem is the cruise excursions only offer a relatively short time on that beach as they are combined with with touring the island.  We just want beach time.  No idea if we can opt out of the drive portion of tour.  I called RCCL, was told not likely.  Would be nice if there was that option to just rejoin them at the beach.

the private tour operators I’ve googled all have that date blocked out on their schedules.  Going to assume, they are contracted to operate the ship’s tours.

just two of us, assume chartering a boat much more than I want to spend for the day.

My many Qs:

*are there multiple ferries (companies) operating from the marina next to where the ship docks in St. Kitts?

*do they all make the same route/marinas on both islands…as in can you mix or match companies or do you buy a round-trip tix?

*where is the dock in Nevis in relation to Pinney Beach?  is it walkable?  If not, is there transport (taxi) available?

*can we reserve a ferry seat for both ways, in advance of arriving in port?  It’s more than a bit worrisome if it’s first come, first served getting back to the ship.  

*also, with a 6 pm departure, would want to be back onboard at least by 5 pm…would a 2 or 3 pm return time on the ferry be advisable?  Plan to work in a cushion of time JIK something goes wrong with the original ferry/time.

Here’s a link to a previous thread….

Plenty of taxis on Nevis….

All other questions can be answered by the Ferry companies 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Here’s a link to a previous thread….

Plenty of taxis on Nevis….

All other questions can be answered by the Ferry companies 

Additional

The walk is about 40/45 minutes in heat…. Take a cab

• Like 1