Edge gym question please

Salf777

1 hour ago, Salf777 said:

Hi we were just on the Beyond and their gym had 4 Peloton bikes. Does the gym on the Edge have Peloton bikes?

Thanks in advance 

Yes, all three E-Class ships have Pelton bikes.

All three are pretty much similar in the actual gym equipment. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this isn't considered thread hijacking, but I was wondering if the Apex has resistance bands and/or stretching straps.  My husband currently has some PT stretches he's needing to do daily, and just wondering if we need to bring our own equipment!

1 hour ago, kelly94942 said:

Hopefully this isn't considered thread hijacking, but I was wondering if the Apex has resistance bands and/or stretching straps.  My husband currently has some PT stretches he's needing to do daily, and just wondering if we need to bring our own equipment!

I don't think I remember seeing bands on the E-Class ships nor do I remember seeing them on cruise ships in general on any cruiseline. You should bring your own. Good thing is they don't take up much luggage space. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kelly94942 said:

When in Aqua class on Silhouette last year, my sister was offered bands as one of the choices for the cabin. I would bring my own, they are light and who knows what resistance they offer.

We noted the Peloton bikes on the Silhouette last year were only for the classes, and available for use with reservations from our suite.

This was on the Celebrity Edge page here on Cruise Critic:

The bikes are popular, and you'll need to make a reservation to use them. We suggest going to the spa reservation desk on embarkation day and snagging some times then. There's no cost to using the bikes.

Suite guests can reserve Pelotons either in advance or onboard. If you do it before you sail, you can speak to the Retreat concierge. Once onboard, you can request it through the Personal Retreat Host.

Guests who book the line's top Iconic Suites can have Pelotons installed in their staterooms for the duration of the voyage. (These are taken from the fitness center, so you might notice bikes disappearing from the gym during your voyage; they're being redeployed to the suites.)

Once you're on the bike, it's fairly easy to set up. The bikes in the fitness center have cages, but the fitness center personnel will help you remove them to clip in if you really need to have your bike shoes. You'll want to remember your personal log-in, so you can access your account (there is no generic one) and have Bluetooth-enabled headphones or ear buds.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

The bikes in the fitness center have cages, but the fitness center personnel will help you remove them to clip in if you really need to have your bike shoes.

In the article above, it mentions that you can use them with or without bike shoes. Things change, but you'd probably still not necessarily need them.