Crowne Plaza, San Pedro question

JoRoy218

8 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Got off cruise today. Stayed at Crowne last Saturday. Yes there is a regular Keurig coffee maker that takes the regular pods.

In regards to our opinion of the hotel: It’s more than sufficient for one night and very convenient to the cruise port. We ended up utilizing the shuttle which was useful. The surcharge for rideshare was ridiculous leaving port today and so I called the Crowne and they said just hop on the shuttle to go back to the hotel…we just stayed there and waited till the prices went down for Uber before going to the airport.

Yes the hotel is a bit outdated but for one night it is fine. Very convenient and also close to many restaurants.

Thanks for the tip about going back to the Crowne and booking a rideshare from there a bit later!

7 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

Has anyone tried the restaurant in Crowne Plaza?  Pricey?  Worth it?  Or better to walk up the street?  Thanks.

Didn't try it but looked at the menu and I would say it was in the $15-25 range for dinner which I guess is standard these days.

If you walk out the back door where the restaurant is and make a left, you are in Little Italy and there a bunch of restaurants within a few block radius. We tried going to San Pedro Brewing Company after hearing good things about it but 45 minutes of not receiving our appetizers we left and went elsewhere (it was a Sat night and kitchen was short staffed).

We ended up going to a really good pizza/Italian place that was actually a shorter walk from the Crowne...Buono's Pizzeria.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just stayed at the Crowne Plaza in January.  It was about a 3/4 mile walk to San Pedro port.  There is a nice sidewalk leading to the port.  We walked to the Celebrity ship which was a little more confusing to get to through the parking lot, but doable.  The hotel has an inexpensive shuttle that I would recommend if you have a lot of baggage or aren’t in good physical shape.  I would probably not stay here again.  The room was fine with normal hotel wear and tear, good dining options etc., but the check in situation was very chaotic since the majority of hotel guests were one night stay cruisers and the hotel doesn’t seem to be able to get all the rooms clean by check in time.  The lobby was packed with a bunch of angry, tired cruisers, luggage stacked everywhere and a large line.  The rooms are given out first come first served as soon as housekeeping can clean them.  We arrived at check in time and had to wait about an hour for our room.  There are limited hotel options in San Pedro and they are somewhat pricey for what you get.  In the future, I will stay near the airport and uber to the port in the morning.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 5dogmom said:

In the future, I will stay near the airport and uber to the port in the morning.

I'd consider staying in Downtown Long Beach rather than near LAX, unless you are arriving late (5PM or later). LAX is a bleak area with virtually nothing to walk to and few dining choices besides those inside hotels.

DTLB has shopping, dining nightlife, a great aquarium and more.

21 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I'd consider staying in Downtown Long Beach rather than near LAX, unless you are arriving late (5PM or later). LAX is a bleak area with virtually nothing to walk to and few dining choices besides those inside hotels.

DTLB has shopping, dining nightlife, a great aquarium and more.

We’re looking at the Hyatt Centic at Pike Outlets 1 night pre-cruise. Any opinions on that hotel and/or area? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ciera123 said:

We’re looking at the Hyatt Centic at Pike Outlets 1 night pre-cruise. Any opinions on that hotel and/or area? 

Hyatt Centric is my favorite hotel in DTLB. It is a great hotel in a great location. Hyatt Regency is my second favorite.

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

Isn’t there a Marriott hotel in San Pedro near the cruise port?

Nope. Should be. But no.

Is there some big event in Long Beach in 2 weeks? Both the Hyatt and Hyatt Centric are well over $500/night for a standard room on 2/24. (And the rates have been that way for a month or so for that date) Would much prefer to stay there I think, but not for those prices!