Dine My Way and the APP (yes, I realize there is a Pinned Post, but no help)

mikjr

Yes, I realize there is a PINNED post regarding this topic, but I've search and haven't found answers..

We are on the CROWN in MARCH and we're trying to make some dining decisions

Questions for those who have already used DINE MY WAY...    we have cruised many times on Princess, but this is the first since MEDALLION and Dine my Way.

from what I am reading, you still have to wait in line and a table is still not guaranteed, even if you make a REZ on the APP.   Is that correct?? 

1) Do you like the DaVinci or Botticelli better?  We have always used Anytime Dining and ate at DaVinci.   

2) We like to dine alone.  Have they added more tables for 2 since Covid?  

3) Any recommendations on time?  we usually went at 5pm when they opened.  Any benefit for going at 5:20??

4) Any other tips??

33 minutes ago, mikjr said:

Yes, I realize there is a PINNED post regarding this topic, but I've search and haven't found answers..

Questions for those who have already used DINE MY WAY...    we have cruised many times on Princess, but this is the first since MEDALLION and Dine my Way.

from what I am reading, you still have to wait in line and a table is still not guaranteed, even if you make a REZ on the APP.   Is that correct?? 

1) Do you like the DaVinci or Botticelli better?  We have always used Anytime Dining and ate at DaVinci.   

3) Any recommendations on time?  we usually went at 5pm when they opened.  Any benefit for going at 5:20??

4) Any other tips??

We had no problem on Regal. Really never waited more than 2 minutes to be seated .We usually eat at 6:30-7 . I don't know how it was at 5 .

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mikjr said:

4) Any other tips??

5pm is your best time if you’re booking a private table for 2.  We ate at Davinci every night.  On the first night, if you like the table, stop on the way out and tell the ladies at the podium, you want that table every night.

It takes them a few nights to get the lines down.  Maybe because people are switching around.  The Crown MDR seemed overwhelmed the first few nights. We sailed about 70% full.

We chose the midship MDR because it was more convenient to our forward stateroom.

If you book at 520pm, you may not have a problem either, but just depends how many want tables for 2 and how many early 5 pm diners.  

There will also be those who are walk ups.

You do wait in line, for them to check you in, but once they get the tables assigned, the ones with reservations will go much quicker.  

My advice on the Crown, make a reservation for each night.  You can always change it once OB, if you need to.

We sailed last month 28 day So Pacific.

• Thanks 1