Evening Chic - Which nights on 10 nt Edge cruise?

mlbcruiser

Wondering which lights are evening chic nights on an Edge 10 night itinerary. There are two days at sea on the front end of the cruise snd 2 at the end. 

Also, I assume those nights offer food that is a bit more special than other nights? (Lobster?)

Thanks for any info!

3 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Thanks for the information! OrcaGirl, where did you find the listing for the chic nights?

In the Celebrity App, you can change the date to any sailing, so I set it to the most recent 10-day Edge cruise with the same itinerary as the one I'm booked on, and checked the daily activities / menus / etc.

There's also a current "live from" thread from that same cruise, so I've been cross-checking against the posted dailies.

Usually in the app if you look at a current cruise same ship and itinerary - Under Daily Planner -  at 5:00 PM the often will give the Attire or show Chic Night photos

You will notice I say "Often" as I've also seen it missing.

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly is "evening chic" these days?  We are on the Edge for 11 nights in February and I am about to start my usual packing dilemma!  I plan for dresses, possibly light slacks for most nights/dinner.  My DH tends to the polo shirts, or a button down, and then usually will bring a jacket.  Not sure about the tie.  And how conservative are the ports (ABC islands and Cartagena) for day wear?  Are shorts acceptable?  This is our first Caribbean cruise in about 8 years so I would appreciate any updates.  

I believe there is an explanation on the Celebrity app and/or website. I don’t know the exact location but know that I saw it. I have always interpreted it as casual, but on the “nicer” or slightly more dressy than regular casual side. Like something you might wear to a very nice or upscale restaurant at home that does not require formal wear or glitzy dresses like you might wear on New Year’s Eve. Celebrity even mentioned jeans being ok, but only dressier ones. They had s particular comment on the acceptable type along the line of not jeans that look over worn, faded out, stained or full of holes. Even the intentionally ripped ones - even if expensive and trendy - may be out of line. They also said cocktail dresses and jackets for men were appropriate. Yet remember, those are NOT REQUIRED! Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

I believe there is an explanation on the Celebrity app and/or website. I don’t know the exact location but know that I saw it. I have always interpreted it as casual, but on the “nicer” or slightly more dressy than regular casual side. Like something you might wear to a very nice or upscale restaurant at home that does not require formal wear or glitzy dresses like you might wear on New Year’s Eve. Celebrity even mentioned jeans being ok, but only dressier ones. They had s particular comment on the acceptable type along the line of not jeans that look over worn, faded out, stained or full of holes. Even the intentionally ripped ones - even if expensive and trendy - may be out of line. They also said cocktail dresses and jackets for men were appropriate. Yet remember, those are NOT REQUIRED! Hope this helps.

Thanks!  Pretty much what I thought!