messed up reservations. can we fix?

here is who is going. These are all D1 cabins near each other

cabin 1: comes just sofa. my name, DH and one child was put there

cabin 2: comes with sofa and upper bearth. Brother, wife and one of his children were put there.

cabin 3: parents, each with one of our children. We had to book with at least 3 people per cabin.

I want to switch now.

cabin 1: switch to my parents and just one child. (my brother's)

cabin 2: leave as is.

cabin 3: switch to myself , DH and both our kids.

Can we do this, since once person paid for all the cabins, or are they going to try to pull the old "you need to cancel, redo, and we will charge you more". The worse case is that my parents charges end up on my cabin and my charges end up in theirs?

Why don't you ask the person/TA/cruiseline. Personally I would think they'd be the ones most capable to answer a question such as yours.

Hope things work out for you.

We are going to call, but in the meantime I also wanted to know from all you experienced cruisers on this board that have helped so much in the past. We booked first thru RCCL, then passed to a TA. Calling TA today.

I want to be sure that we get "correct" information.

sandy

The first cruise I went on, because you have to have someone 21 or older in a room it was totally messed up!

Here's how we wanted it:

Myself (17), sister (15), 2 cousins (14 & 13)

My boyfriend (18), my sister's boyfriend (17), another cousin (12)

My older sister & her husband (both 22)

My parents

My aunt & uncle

Here's how it turned out when booking:

My uncle with one cousin

My aunt with our boyfriends

My mom with my sister & me and one cousin

My dad with the last cousin

My older sister & her husband

Only one group was right! It was pretty funny, but they knew that we were going to be in the rooms we wanted, and it was fine (I think my aunt called). It was kind of messed up with charging at the end, but that was okay.

Better to get straigtened out before hand. Your card is your room key and is tied to an individual. Leaving and reeentering the ship could be difficult if you are carrying the wrong card. I know on our last cruise, that when you scanned your card to reenter the ship it pulled up your picture for comparison.

We have rearranged many times in the past when booking more than one cabin. Each time we check in at the pier and receive our room keys with the wrong cabins assigned. Then once onboard we head straight to guest relations and we ask them to reassign the passengers into the cabins that we want. They change the passenger information for each room, and then reissue the new keys with the right passenger photos on the right cabins. In other words... the cabin that you change to is now on your room key along with your photo.

There is absolutely no reason at all to cancel and rebook your cruise. We have had keys reissued on probably every cruise that we have been on and never is it a problem.

In the end, after your card is reissued the right photo is on it and thus when you leave the ship while in port the right photo is pulled up, and it opens the cabin that you changed to!

Never a problem!

Archived