Castaway Cay with a 2 year old

sansterre

Looking for suggestions for one 28 month old boy, two parents, one aunt, and two grandparents.

(DH and I are celebrating our 50th anniversary) on Castaway Cay.

We are planning a Fantasy 7-day cruise;  it  will be our first time on a Disney ship.  

Are there some activities or services we should try to sign up for?   Can we sign-up  prior to boarding?

Also open to other tips for cruising Disney with an active, out-going 2 year old.

(All adults have mariner status on Holland America ships so I'm sure there will be some differences.)

Edited by sansterre

2 hours ago, sansterre said:

Looking for suggestions for one 28 month old boy, two parents, one aunt, and two grandparents.

(DH and I are celebrating our 50th anniversary) on Castaway Cay.

We are planning a Fantasy 7-day cruise;  it  will be our first time on a Disney ship.  

Are there some activities or services we should try to sign up for?   Can we sign-up  prior to boarding?

Also open to other tips for cruising Disney with an active, out-going 2 year old.

(All adults have mariner status on Holland America ships so I'm sure there will be some differences.)

well there are three beaches and one is for adults.

They have nice food areas and characters will be on the island as well.

Suggest you also look up on You Tube for any videos posted about ship and island.

• Like 1

We don't have experience traveling with a toddler, although that's a topic we have to educate ourselves on as well, since we hope to take our grandchildren on a cruise soon, but Castaway Cay is a beautiful island with lots of activities for all ages. And the lunch at Cookies is great. There is an expansive family beach, Scuttles Cove is a children's play area and Monstro Point is a dig site. Shuttles take you back and first to the ship, which docks right at the island.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, sansterre said:

Many thanks to both responders.  I'm glad the port doesn't require tendering and there are shuttles to get here and there.

Gomeetros, what happens at Monster Point dig site?

TBH, I don't know since we've never gone to it. You'll always find us at Serenity Bay, since we don't cruise with children.  

I found this description: "At Monstro’s Point, the whole family, even your littlest ones, will enjoy digging through the sand in search of whale teeth and other plaster “fossils” (which you can keep). Check the Navigator for times."

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...