Switching ships (almost b2b) - Fort Lauderdale

Graycruise

Has anyone moved from one Celebrity ship to another on the same day in Fort Lauderdale?  We will be moving from the Reflection to the Beyond.  It isn't really a true b2b, but we weren't sure if you could depart later/get on sooner - or if we would be stuck killing time between the two.

We did this last year and will do it again this year. We stayed on as late as we could and then departed only to grab a cab to take us to the other ship. It does depend which port dock you are leaving from. Some you can walk. There is a set cab fare for this, I can’t remember exactly but I believe $12-$15. I may of been taken because I had read on the window of a cab the set fee was $8 but that could have been old. Whatever it was it was worth not walking. 

Anyway we asked at guest services if anything could be arranged and they said no, however I did read in one thread where the people making this move were boarded onto the bus going to the airport. Before they left the port area they dropped them off at the other dock. 

What gets me is, as said above, you have to wait outside the terminal until they open up. So we stood around from 9:45 to 11 AM. I think they should have an area in doors, a lounge, for people that are doing this. Also, get on the X app and select the earliest boarding time you can on the second ship.

Going to try again this year.

Cheers! 

On 1/22/2023 at 8:04 AM, wrk2cruise said:

It's 2 different sailings and is done all the time.   There are no special accommodations made for these side to side sailings.

I have done B2B from One X ship to another from Ft. L to Miami cruise ports and X informed Us on the last day of the 1st. cruise that They Noticed this and would put us on the Bus that takes passengers TO  the Airport and then goes To Miami Cruise terminal with arriving guests to our 2nd. ship!

It worked fine and was done at no Charge to Us.

You should call Celebrity and see if your shorter move is possible?

I guess an Uber would be an option?