Arvia naming ceremony 16th March

Colsers

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You will need to use the app, and activate the virtual bottle throwing feature.😁

I’m not sure P&Os IT facilities could cope with an app to propel a bottle of cheap Cava to hit the front of a ship, even one as large as Arvia or even a virtual one.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Paula2023 said:

Colsers, I have emailed P & O for actual port arrival and departure times for our dates so I will post 

on here when they reply. Maybe it will throw more light on it, who knows! I want to know them anyway so I can plan my own excursions if I want.

Thats great then Paula, thank you for that. Yes, we were looking at the excursions for the 17th in Barbados, then that's when I remembered the email saying naming ceremony 16th and was showing as a sea day from St Lucia. Thats when it got confusing....hopefully they'll give more information so we can get organised. 🤞

2 hours ago, happy v said:

Just a thought. If the ceremony is on the beach, and the ship at sea. It's going to take a rather fit person to chuck the bottle of champagne and break it!🤣

Probably won't be Champagne. Likely to be Tidal Rum.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TangerineWillow said:

Rumour mill rolling. We wont be getting off. Katherine Jenkins if a dame will name the ship, thats if she is sober, heard a few tales about shows and her being a tad bevvied.

Doubt a royal will do it, sure Gary Barlow will be around.

free drinks all day would be appropriate

I did wonder if you would be getting off due to the wording in the statement that Arvia would be anchored off of one of the beaches.

I thought she would have been docked so that passengers could join in on the shore side of things, but at the moment that doesn't look to be the case. 

The invite someone mentioned above in the thread appears to be the general one that was posted on Twitter back in December - everyone can join in from their homes via the live link. 

Edited by CarlaMarie

3 hours ago, TangerineWillow said:

Rumour mill rolling. We wont be getting off. Katherine Jenkins if a dame will name the ship, thats if she is sober, heard a few tales about shows and her being a tad bevvied.

Doubt a royal will do it, sure Gary Barlow will be around.

free drinks all day would be appropriate

If rumours are to be believed an A list group will be appearing. As I say, just a rumour, so you can Take That or leave it.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Paula2023 said:

Have had the itiniary from P & O Colsters but none the wiser re the naming ceremony but at least we have port arrival and departure times to plan shore days

image.png

Thanks for that Paula, as you say still no further info re/naming ceremony. We have actually booked a ships tour in Barbados on the 17th as we didn't want to wait much longer for P&O to confirm what the plans are actually to be! 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paula2023 said:

Hi davecttr, Colsters is the name of someone who posts on this thread and I'd promised I would post

the reply from P&O once i'd received it so there is no 'P&O Colsters' ! 🤣

I noticed the relevant posts have disappeared

Arvia stopped off Heywood's Beach on 2nd February for a couple of hours to practice some things for the naming ceremony. For one thing there was a drone flying around.

They won't want ordinary cruisers there in my opinion, just the bigwigs and celebs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would be cheaper to get a bottle of Cava from Aldi in Southampton attach it to a rope and swing it against the ship in Southampton docks, but no in the middle of a cost of living crisis and perceived on board cutbacks, P&O  decide to spend millions on a beachside in Barbados in order to say “  I name this ship Arvia”  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I hope whoever names her practices carefully so that she doesn't get named "Ariva", "Aviva" or "Ar Vera"... 😉😄

Avril could soon have a big cruise ship named after her. To keep things in the family they could name the next one....Brian.🤔

• Like 2