Wind Spirit no evening sail away?

ChrisC101

We’re on the 3/16/23 Wind Spirit Tahiti cruise.  Just got our documents and notice they are staying docked in Papeete on embarkation night and not sailing to Moorea until 5 am the next morning so there will be no evening sail away.  Is this normal?  Why would they do this?  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing right before you and I see the same on our itinerary: looks like we are sailing next morning at 5 AM. Not sure why.

Well, since Moorea is so close, I am guessing it's either staying docked at port or staying anchored overnight just a few miles away. So for some reason they opted to stay in port, and sale at sunrise.

38 minutes ago, Ilya said:

We are sailing right before you and I see the same on our itinerary: looks like we are sailing next morning at 5 AM. Not sure why.

Well, since Moorea is so close, I am guessing it's either staying docked at port or staying anchored overnight just a few miles away. So for some reason they opted to stay in port, and sale at sunrise.

I spoke to WS about something else and asked.  Whether true or not, guy told me because of flights.  We’re flying in on Tuesday on the new Delta flight from LAX which arrives at 5 p.m.  They also fly in on Thursdays at same time.  But who knows for sure. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChrisC101 said:

I spoke to WS about something else and asked.  Whether true or not, guy told me because of flights.  We’re flying in on Tuesday on the new Delta flight from LAX which arrives at 5 p.m.  They also fly in on Thursdays at same time.  But who knows for sure. 

In some ways it’s unfortunate because it would be much nicer to be in Moorea rather than looking at all the industrial stuff in PPT.  It also reduces the options for Candles.  My spouse thinks it’s a little cheesy, paying for 7 but only really getting 6.  There was someone else complaining about this too.  But at least it’s Tahiti! 

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing to Moorea in the evening is fun but then you cannot go ashore in Moorea when you get there. At least by stayin docked, people who are arriving on that day can experience les roulottes, les 3 brasseurs, le Rétro, etc, go shopping a bit during the day and not feel rushed. You can even have time for an excursion before boarding late in the evening.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dandee2 said:

Sailing to Moorea in the evening is fun but then you cannot go ashore in Moorea when you get there. At least by stayin docked, people who are arriving on that day can experience les roulottes, les 3 brasseurs, le Rétro, etc, go shopping a bit during the day and not feel rushed. You can even have time for an excursion before boarding late in the evening.

We’ll probably walk over to the market for sure.  Love that place.  We’re doing Les roulettes the night before, probably eat on the ship that night.