First Impressions

SRQbeachgirl

1 hour ago, excited balcony said:

Fantastic!  We were on the Reflection in April and they had a similar package, but with the updates in 2023 I wasn't sure.  This is great to hear!  Thank you for checking on that!

Based on my post above, I would recommend waiting until at least a few days into the cruise before you purchase the package.  They no longer have (or at least didn't on my sailing) have an discounted early bird special at a reduced price so there is no downside to waiting.

You will then know if you have enough pictures to be worthwhile.  I was really disappointed with the change in service.  I'm hoping it will be better on Reflection in March.

Mike

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

What has surprised you the most about Reflection that was totally unexpected?

I think the biggest surprise is how uncrowded the ship feels. I have no idea what passenger load we're carrying but even this afternoon, when almost every chair by the pool is filled, it just doesn't feel crowded. I think a big reason is that most people are traveling as couples rather than big groups of families and friends. All the cruises we've been on in the last few years had tons of these large groups and they were loud and mostly inconsiderate of other cruisers. The cruisers on Reflection have been the complete opposite.

We've also been surprised by the level of service compared to our previous cruises. We did, of course, know we would have better service on Celebrity but it has surpassed our expectations. A lot of it boils down to the little things--someone standing ready in the OVC to take your plate as soon as you're finished with it, the immediate service from bartenders, the attention to detail, the readiness of crew members to do things for you. (I had a piece of paper I needed to throw away and I asked a crew member where I could find a trash can. She said "Oh no ma'am, you do not need to look for one because you won't find many. We don't want our guests to have to walk around with trash. You just hand whatever it is to a crew member and we will take care of it." And she held out her hand and smiled.)

And so many other unexpected little things that are making this cruise so enjoyable.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I think the biggest surprise is how uncrowded the ship feels. I have no idea what passenger load we're carrying but even this afternoon, when almost every chair by the pool is filled, it just doesn't feel crowded. I think a big reason is that most people are traveling as couples rather than big groups of families and friends. All the cruises we've been on in the last few years had tons of these large groups and they were loud and mostly inconsiderate of other cruisers. The cruisers on Reflection have been the complete opposite.

We've also been surprised by the level of service compared to our previous cruises. We did, of course, know we would have better service on Celebrity but it has surpassed our expectations. A lot of it boils down to the little things--someone standing ready in the OVC to take your plate as soon as you're finished with it, the immediate service from bartenders, the attention to detail, the readiness of crew members to do things for you. (I had a piece of paper I needed to throw away and I asked a crew member where I could find a trash can. She said "Oh no ma'am, you do not need to look for one because you won't find many. We don't want our guests to have to walk around with trash. You just hand whatever it is to a crew member and we will take care of it." And she held out her hand and smiled.)

And so many other unexpected little things that are making this cruise so enjoyable.

My experience has been similar and that's one of the things that has made me return to Celebrity so often over the last 20 years!

The "Vibe" of a cruise and the behavior of your fellow guests can and Does often depend on the Time of Year, Destination Ports, Departure Port Location and Length of the Cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

On the very next sailing, so loving the good news so far! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I went on my first Celebrity cruise in June last year on Reflection in the Mediterranean and had such a wonderful time I have booked another two Celebrity cruises for June 2024 also in the Mediterranean. Best service I've ever had in a main dining room, loved the design of the ship, met lovely fellow passengers and totally fell in love with the Sunset Bar. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise! 🛳️ 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Shep_Proudfoot said:

On the very next sailing, so loving the good news so far! Thanks for sharing.

I am going to be so sad to get off this ship. DH and I both actually forgot what day it was today. We measure how good a vacation is by how long it takes us to forget what day it is. Most vacations we're about 3/4 of the way through before that happens (if it happens at all). This time we didn't even make it through the first 48 hours before it happened. Now THAT'S a good vacation! 🤣

• Like 6

SQRbeachgirl, Thank you for your ongoing reports.  Celebrity has been our favorite cruise line for many years,  but we will have our first cruise on Reflection in a few weeks, and recent discussions have made me a bit anxious about what we might find.  Your observations are just what I have needed to hear.  Looking forward to your next comments.

Cheryl

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I am going to be so sad to get off this ship. DH and I both actually forgot what day it was today. We measure how good a vacation is by how long it takes us to forget what day it is. Most vacations we're about 3/4 of the way through before that happens (if it happens at all). This time we didn't even make it through the first 48 hours before it happened. Now THAT'S a good vacation! 🤣

A standard conversation goes like this when we sail

DW: What time is it?

Me: Daytime followed by night time! 😂

Cheers! 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, mikeysed said:

@Sqrbeachgirl - any new drink menus with the updates pricing? 

How are you finding the wine offerings around the ship and MDR?

Honestly I have only looked at a couple of drink menus (MDR, Tuscan, and Marrini Bar) and I think the Marrini Bar was updated. The wine lists seem okay, but I have overheard people at other tables ask if they still have (insert wine name here that isn't on menu) and have been told yes, they can run over to another bar/restaurant for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 9:37 PM, C4HCG said:

We spend good times wondering through the library, picked some great books up there to read. Always leave the ones I have taken too. Not sure many people want to read about Leeds United though but that’s my main book topic, love em.

My hubby only reads football biographies lol

On 1/22/2023 at 10:19 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

Ooo...kay...   

If I'd waited to experience all that before posting anything it would be two days into our cruise and wouldn't really be "first impressions" any longer, now would it? For what we'd experienced SO FAR--embarcation, lunch in OVC, drink service from two bars, meeting our cabin steward, talking with several other crew members, muster check-in, assistance at the internet desk, and a walk around the ship--we were feeling positive vibes. Don't crush my vibes, man! 😁

I'll have more non-first impressions to share later. For now, I'm in my Happy Place.

You have a smashing cruise! Have sailed on Reflection 7 times and we were last on her in September 2022 b2 b was so good booked again for the same this September, nice to hear a positive view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, di T said:

My hubby only reads football biographies lol

He May have already read it, but, just in case, I highly recommend The Blind Side. 
It’s much better than the movie, and alternates between the Michael Oher story and the history of the OT position. 
I’m only a casual football fan (don’t tel my cousins) and I really enjoyed it. 

7 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

He May have already read it, but, just in case, I highly recommend The Blind Side. 
It’s much better than the movie, and alternates between the Michael Oher story and the history of the OT position. 
I’m only a casual football fan (don’t tel my cousins) and I really enjoyed it. 

Sorry is this soccer? We are from the Uk so say football,Dianne

1 hour ago, di T said:

Sorry is this soccer? We are from the Uk so say football,Dianne

Sorry. 
I’m on my phone and don’t see locations. 

My brain went straight to American football (Where hands are used far more than feet for moving the ball).  😊

Carry on. 

16 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Sorry. 
I’m on my phone and don’t see locations. 

My brain went straight to American football (Where hands are used far more than feet for moving the ball).  😊

Carry on. 

😂my fault us Brits forget you guys call football soccer! Anyways he would read that book he loves most sports. Now my reading is more thrillers, crime and scary stuff lol, love to read on my cruises😊

• Like 1

Day 4 and 5 have been just as wonderful as the first three. Had an excellent dinner at Tuscan the night before last and the best warm chocolate chip cookie I have ever had last night at the Lawn Club Grill.

Service has been outstanding and we have not been wanting for anything at all. Passengers have been very friendly and the crew is absolutely exemplary. 

We also really like the Reflection and the way the ship is laid out. It's easy to get around, has a lot of open deck areas (love the Sunset Bar and the outdoor seating behind the OVC), and hasn't felt crowded at all. 

We are even planning to look at booking a future cruise (or two) before this one is over. 

Edited by SRQbeachgirl
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Day 4 and 5 have been just as wonderful as the first three. Had an excellent dinner at Tuscan the night before last and the best warm chocolate chip cookie I have ever had last night at the Lawn Club Grill.

Service has been outstanding and we have not been wanting for anything at all. Passengers have been very friendly and the crew is absolutely exemplary. 

We also really like the Reflection and the way the ship is laid out. It's easy to get around, has a lot of open deck areas (love the Sunset Bar and the outdoor seating behind the OVC), and hasn't felt crowded at all. 

We are even planning to look at booking a future cruise (or two) before this one is over. 

That’s great to hear, glad you are having a great time on Reflection! Enjoy the rest of your cruise and get into the future cruise place and book something😉

• Like 1

From a fellow beach goer, (Long Beach, NY), great news on the Reflection.  We hope the rest of your cruise follows your first impressions.  We are scheduled to enjoy our first cruise since the shutdown on the Reflection next month, can't wait.  Please keep us posted on your cruise and, thanks for the info, Happy Cruising😎

• Like 2

On 1/23/2023 at 2:45 PM, Married90 said:

@SRQbeachgirl Can I ask of a small favor.   Can you swing past the photo area on board and ask about availability/cost of the digital photo package.  X used to have a fixed price for a downloadable file (or the physical prints at the photo area) of all the pictures taken of you while on board.  I want to say it used to be $149 less discounts.   That option is no longer available to purchase in advance.  I am wondering if they dropped it.    THANKS

We added out photo package for $149 back in October, 2022; so, it's possible that they cancelled it. 

39 minutes ago, countess5 said:

If you are looking at future cruises take a look at the Silhouette. She is as nice as Reflection (S class). She sails out of Miami but gives you another option. 

Cheers! 

And she is the only S class ship to be fully Revolutionized.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2023 at 2:34 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

DH and I boarded the Reflection today for our first Celebrity cruise. If first impressions are anything to go by, we're going to have a very happy week. We boarded shortly after 11am and have already had lunch and explored the entire ship (even played ping pong). 

So far we have not seen a single kid. Not one. And no herds of family reunions with matching t-shirts. No yelling at Uncle Bob across the room. No teenagers jumping lines at the buffet (actually, no lines for anyone to jump). No massive 20-something year old groups already clogging up the hot tubs. No "bump and grind" music blasting at ear-splitting levels on the Lido deck.

I'm in heaven. Might have just found us a new cruise line if our first impressions hold true for the week.

DH & I started cruising on Celebrity in 2008 for precisely the reasons you stated.  We love the Reflection; have booked a cruise on her in January 2025.  Enjoy & keep us updated on your experience please 🙂

• Like 1

We are cruising on the Reflection next month, and appreciate all the valuable information you guys have provided.  One question we have has to do with coffee in the buffet---do they have disposable travel cups for the coffee like they had on the Equinox and the Silhouette? If they do, then we can leave our travel cups home;  thanks all!  Happy Cruising!