Short Time in Vancouver: What to do?

MOSusan

On 1/25/2023 at 5:40 AM, MOSusan said:

What wonderful options you all have give us.  I'd love to stay at the Pan Pacific but I just looked up their nightly rate.  Ouch!  I think we'll look for something a little more reasonable.  The HOHO bus sounds like a good way to get around without having to rent a car, I will look into that. 

Somehow I've managed to entirely overlook your thread until today - skimming the other replies you've been given plenty of good info, but in terms of a good value hotel the best option in the region has gone unmentioned... the YWCA Hotel. The biggest issue is finding a room in cruise season, as it gets better reviews than many much fancier hotels do.

Unlike classic Y accommodation, no dorms - regular en suite rooms for two sell out fast, but if you can tolerate a shared-with-one-other-room bath the Jack'n'Jill rooms are even cheaper, with 'shared-bathroom-down-the-hall' cheapest of all. If you're a family, they also do a 5-single-beds room - and everyone has access to large laundries and kitchens in case you want to throw a load in before heading home or save a few more bucks making your own brekkie or picnic lunch.

Yaletown location so great for restos, and the HOHO stops at Central Library a  couple of blocks away (in fact this is usually the first place you can get on in the morning as buses stage here for a while before the route officially starts running).