Civit to Lake Bracciano day trip by return taxi

dmccue

We are on a MSC cruise and have the day in CV but we didnt want to go to Rome as I am going there seperatley.

I dont want to do a tour as my wife is in a wheelchair and most are not accessible as they are on buses but she can get in a normal car.

1. Has anyone any recommendations on getting a cab from CV to Lake Bracciano, have a bit of look and then go for lunch and return to the ship.

2. Would the cabbie wait around or do we just do 2 x one way trips

3. Would there be cabs at the port that would just offer this as a walk up service if we didnt pre-book

Looking for help with thanks

Edited by dmccue

recommendations on getting a cab from CV to Lake Bracciano, have a bit of look and then go for lunch and return to the ship.

2. Would the cabbie wait around or do we just do 2 x one way trips

If you book a round trip on the meter rather than a fixed price for a fixed time, the driver will wait as long as you want him to wait as you will be paying for him waiting with the meter running. 

Maybe try contacting taxi companies ahead of time to get quotes for both metered and fixed r/t pricing.

• Like 1

Transfer companies also do day trips from the port. The cost would be fixed and known ahead of time.  I think having a taxi with the meter running for a few hours could get exorbitant pretty quickly.

Try romecabs.com or one of the others mentioned here.

Edited by marazul

You certainly could try to negotiate a deal with a taxi (the driver may not speak any English) and I would think you might get somebody to do it for 300-400 Euros.  Basically, you would be hiring the taxi for day.  It is also possible that the taxis in Civitavecchia will have very little knowledge about the Lake area since most would not be routinely going to that area (which is about 30 miles from the port).  

We agree with the other posts that you would be wise to arrange a private transfer/tour from a company like Romecabs or Romeinlimo.

Your other option is to simply rent a car for the day (most of the major rental car companies: Hertz, Budget, and Europcar....have offices in town.

Hank

• 1 month later...