Prima MDR Menu update :(

laudergayle

21 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I'm calling BS here: NCL is owed by Private Equity, ie. a Private Company.  There is no "stock price" involved here.  This is the same "crap" they tried with me, on the Southampton, Maiden Voyage on the Epic.  "garbage in, garbage out," NCL just can't wait to "Nickel & Dime" you to death, while reducing staffing, salaries, and crew deck privilege's.  How about reducing top executive pay and Private Equities earnings?

So what if it's a private company? It's still a for profit enterprise, not a charity. They're not in it to lose money.  And I'm sure they lost a lot of it during covid.  Just google it.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:20 AM, PATRLR said:

Now there's the understatement of the week.  Maybe the month.  🙂

NCL's customer concern, as a business, is absolutely non-existent as far as I can tell.  (yes, individuals working for NCL can show very high levels of customer concern.  But that is coming from the indviduals, not from the business)

You are probably right. But how many big businesses do? It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

You are probably right. But how many big businesses do? It is what it is.

Honestly it depends where your corporation is currently focused by the leader.   Revenue managers don’t really care…brand managers do.  Sad to say…it comes back to the CEO how they view the corporate operation… if you have kick-a$$ brand management you can direct the impacts of non-customer-facing departments.  If you don’t…customers get the short end and share-holders rejoice.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Honestly it depends where your corporation is currently focused by the leader.   Revenue managers don’t really care…brand managers do.  Sad to say…it comes back to the CEO how they view the corporate operation… if you have kick-a$$ brand management you can direct the impacts of non-customer-facing departments.  If you don’t…customers get the short end and share-holders rejoice.  

Yeah, this is true NCL was "warmer" before the current regime. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

well said and I agree.  It's also likely that NCL's current financial situation is driving some of this.  In other words, brand management won't matter if we can't service our debt.

• Like 1

I'm a vegetarian. It's a perfectly fine menu. Everyone in my party could find something on it, and it it was a restaurant in the real world we'd check it out. But not for 7 nights in a row. There are exactly 4 things I can eat on there, including the pasta which is completely boring and uninspired. 

With the rotating menu there were things that weren't my favorite, but each night had something new to try which kept it interesting. 

So they want to push us to specialty restaurants, where the food is the same quality as the MDR in a slightly nicer environment and better service that you pay for. With vegetarian options that mostly seem to be afterthoughts and also never change. (The Bistro is lovely and the veggie Napoleon is good, but in the real world I wouldn't return a a restaurant time and time again for it.)

20 hours ago, Monica887 said:

I'm a vegetarian. It's a perfectly fine menu. Everyone in my party could find something on it, and it it was a restaurant in the real world we'd check it out. But not for 7 nights in a row. There are exactly 4 things I can eat on there, including the pasta which is completely boring and uninspired. 

With the rotating menu there were things that weren't my favorite, but each night had something new to try which kept it interesting. 

So they want to push us to specialty restaurants, where the food is the same quality as the MDR in a slightly nicer environment and better service that you pay for. With vegetarian options that mostly seem to be afterthoughts and also never change. (The Bistro is lovely and the veggie Napoleon is good, but in the real world I wouldn't return a a restaurant time and time again for it.)

I find the food in the specialty restaurants to be a full notch above the MDR. Maybe a couple of notches in LeBistro and Cagneys.