Smoking areas on Regal

just G

I booked an aft balcony on deck 8. Just learned from a friend who previously sailed on the Regal that the deck outside the Vista Lounge on deck 7 starboard-aft is a designated smoking area. He said he smelled smoke constantly on his balcony, which sat right over the lounge deck, so much so, that he couldn’t use the balcony very much or leave the door open.  Does anyone have feedback on this? Can you smell it on the aft balconies?  

F1C84E1A-3B02-4C3F-80E9-43EF270970FF.jpeg

Unfortunately, this has been the norm on Princess ships with the start up. Employees were able to get a smoking area on the aft Promenade deck, and this also closed the Promenade deck for the full circuit for paying guests.

I have read that many of these have now returned to "normal" and the crew has returned to their originally designated smoking area in the Crew area which is forward.

When did your friend experience this? We experienced this on the Emerald last May and were horribly disappointed as we had a corner aft cabin that was 4 decks above the Promenade deck.

We also experienced this on the Grand last September because the Promenade was also closed off. We also had a balcony smoker above our forward Caribe deck cabin.

Edited by nini
spelling

6 hours ago, nini said:

….

When did your friend experience this? We experienced this on the Emerald last May and were horribly disappointed as we had a corner aft cabin that was 4 decks above the Promenade deck.

We also experienced this on the Grand last September because the Promenade was also closed off. We also had a balcony smoker above our forward Caribe deck cabin.

Several years ago.  I just hate the smell cigarette smoke. I don’t begrudge anyone their cigarettes, I just don’t want to smell them. Kills my sinuses. 
Wondering if I try to switch to a different cabin on the port side. 

8 hours ago, just G said:

I booked an aft balcony on deck 8. Just learned from a friend who previously sailed on the Regal that the deck outside the Vista Lounge on deck 7 starboard-aft is a designated smoking area. He said he smelled smoke constantly on his balcony, which sat right over the lounge deck, so much so, that he couldn’t use the balcony very much or leave the door open.  Does anyone have feedback on this? Can you smell it on the aft balconies?  

F1C84E1A-3B02-4C3F-80E9-43EF270970FF.jpeg

Yes

1 hour ago, just G said:

Several years ago.  I just hate the smell cigarette smoke. I don’t begrudge anyone their cigarettes, I just don’t want to smell them. Kills my sinuses. 
Wondering if I try to switch to a different cabin on the port side. 

Smoking area was on the port side on the Grand last September. It just floats everywhere.

• Like 1