Looking For Recommendations

GranysT

4 minutes ago, GranysT said:

Cruising out of Jacksonvile for 1st time, in Nov. Arriving by train, on 3rd, night before the cruise. Looking for reasonable hotel, hopefully close to train station. Thanks for any help.

Recommend you ask/research on the Florida Departures forum.   Here's the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

• Like 1

My DH and I spent the night at Hampton Inn and Suites Jacksonville Deerwood Park on our way to a cruise out of Port Canaveral. I don't know if it was close to the train but it was nice.  We also had a great dinner at a close by sushi restaurant called Norikase.

Have a great cruise!!

There's really nothing close to the Amtrak Station.  Nearest hotels are around 4-5 miles away.   You need to look for hotels closer toward the cruise port.   Courtyard by Marriott on 295 East, Hampton Inn East Regency, and Candlewood Suites on East Merrill would be good choices.

As someone said, no hotels near the train station, not a good area of town! There’s only one hotel by the port, that’s a Holiday Inn Express, 295 and Heckscher Drive. Some have said it’s ok, some not. I would look around the airport, it’s probably half way between the train station and the terminal. I think some of those have shuttles to terminal.