Where to purchase day passes to Las Hadas Resort Manzanillo beside ship tour?

realnice46

5 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

Yes I did no reply so far.

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest.  Last time we went there, we aimply took a cab there and bought the day passes up front.  
it won’t work during Easter time or in the middle of spring break, though.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2023 at 12:01 PM, Cruise Raider said:

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest.  Last time we went there, we aimply took a cab there and bought the day passes up front.  
it won’t work during Easter time or in the middle of spring break, though.  

Hello, I know it’s been a while since your trip to Manzanillo but was curious how you liked your day at the Las Hadas resort?  What did they charge for the day pass?  Did it include food and alcohol? Did you take a taxi directly from the cruise port?  Did it feel safe?

We are doing a Mexican Riviera cruise from SF in November and having a hard time finding something to do.  A beach/hotel day pass sounds like a great way to spend the day.

Any help/thoughts are appreciated 

20 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Hello, I know it’s been a while since your trip to Manzanillo but was curious how you liked your day at the Las Hadas resort?  What did they charge for the day pass?  Did it include food and alcohol? Did you take a taxi directly from the cruise port?  Did it feel safe?

We are doing a Mexican Riviera cruise from SF in November and having a hard time finding something to do.  A beach/hotel day pass sounds like a great way to spend the day.

Any help/thoughts are appreciated 

We loved Las Hadas even though it’s been a while since we’ve been there. 

We went with another couple and the taxi was inexpensive for all of us.  The day passes included something like 4 drinks each plus lunch at their buffet but also, pools towels, a place at either the pool or the beach to set up for the day.  It also included use of their facilities.  I don’t remember the exact cost but it was very reasonable…maybe $40 pp.  The other place I would consider was the Karmina Barcelo (sp?).  There are a few resorts there that were awful (the name Terra del Sol or something similar to that comes to mind)  .. so definitely look on trip advisor (or a similar site) for recent reviews. 

Sadly, Manzanillo has gone through some changes that have not been for the better.  We used to hike around the hills and neighborhoods that are off limits to tourists now, if you follow the travel warning.  
If they still have it available, we really loved the turtle sanctuary excursion down towards Colima.  I believe the state department warns against travel on your own in that area so, it’s best to take an organized tour if you venture out that way.  

On 8/12/2024 at 9:44 PM, Cruise Raider said:

We loved Las Hadas even though it’s been a while since we’ve been there. 

We went with another couple and the taxi was inexpensive for all of us.  The day passes included something like 4 drinks each plus lunch at their buffet but also, pools towels, a place at either the pool or the beach to set up for the day.  It also included use of their facilities.  I don’t remember the exact cost but it was very reasonable…maybe $40 pp.  The other place I would consider was the Karmina Barcelo (sp?).  There are a few resorts there that were awful (the name Terra del Sol or something similar to that comes to mind)  .. so definitely look on trip advisor (or a similar site) for recent reviews. 

Sadly, Manzanillo has gone through some changes that have not been for the better.  We used to hike around the hills and neighborhoods that are off limits to tourists now, if you follow the travel warning.  
If they still have it available, we really loved the turtle sanctuary excursion down towards Colima.  I believe the state department warns against travel on your own in that area so, it’s best to take an organized tour if you venture out that way.  

Thanks Cruise Raider for your  response, it sounds like a good way to spend the day in Manzanillo.  As it gets closer to my sale date I’ll email the hotel and see if they still sell the day pass.  

Almost forgot, did you have to pre purchase the pass or did you just show up and purchase onsite? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Thanks Cruise Raider for your  response, it sounds like a good way to spend the day in Manzanillo.  As it gets closer to my sale date I’ll email the hotel and see if they still sell the day pass.  

Almost forgot, did you have to pre purchase the pass or did you just show up and purchase onsite? 

We bought it there but just a fair warning, we went another time during Easter week and no hotels had any day passes available.  I would assume the same would happen for any holiday periods. 

• Like 1