Bringing Wine on board

Hottubmomma

Okay, don't judge me but I'm just considering the breakage aspect.  Our local liquor store has these little cartons of wine.  They are the size of the small NCL water cartons.  Do you think they would allow me to bring those on?

The rules say no boxed wine, but I'm thinking that's more those big gallon boxes.  And yes, I know it's not great wine.  It's just to have something to sit on the balcony with, without having to carry a glass of wine back to the cabin.  And it's not like the wine in the regular drink package is anything great.  LOL!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, goldmom said:

Okay, don't judge me but I'm just considering the breakage aspect.  Our local liquor store has these little cartons of wine.  They are the size of the small NCL water cartons.  Do you think they would allow me to bring those on?

The rules say no boxed wine, but I'm thinking that's more those big gallon boxes.  And yes, I know it's not great wine.  It's just to have something to sit on the balcony with, without having to carry a glass of wine back to the cabin.  And it's not like the wine in the regular drink package is anything great.  LOL!

My guess is that it would be fine under the new rules but worst case they take it and give it back at the end of the cruise. I have flown with 6 to 10 bottles of wine more than a dozen times (including international) and have yet to lose one. I just wrap them tightly in clothes in a completely full hard sided suitcase. I think the little boxes might actually be more likely to leak. 

Edited by fastpitchdad
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Wine, yes. Beer - only during ports of call. The wine we brought on at embarkation, the beer & cans of cider we brought back from excursions with no issue.

So for clarification…if DH wants beer in the cabin we should buy it at our first port of call…not when we embark?  Insight appreciated.

• 4 months later...

I want to bring a bottle of champagne to celebrate my daughter’s college graduation the first night during the sail away. We will be taking a bus down to NYC to the terminal the day we embark, how do people suggest keeping the bottle cold enough to drink?

37 minutes ago, Lady_hlh said:

I want to bring a bottle of champagne to celebrate my daughter’s college graduation the first night during the sail away. We will be taking a bus down to NYC to the terminal the day we embark, how do people suggest keeping the bottle cold enough to drink?

Ask your room steward for an ice bucket.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2023 at 3:44 PM, Lady_hlh said:

Below link is just one example of a good idea...

https://www.amazon.com/Insulated-Wine-Tote-Carrier-Adjustable/dp/B07MV7YVMM/ref=asc_df_B07MV7YVMM?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79852150027426&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583451676654270&th=1

• Like 1