Drink Package & OBC.

JeanieC,Aston

There is nowhere on the online booking where you can buy DP using OBC.

A phone call resulted in being told I can do it when on board,,another complication is the loyalty discount,,for me 7.5%.,,I have £300 OBC.

It was explained the OBC would be taken off first then the 7.5% taken off the cost that remains.

ie7 nt DP=£559 less £300 OBC=£259 less 7.5 = £240 to pay.I think that’s correct.🤞

Has anyone experience of doing this?

2 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

There is nowhere on the online booking where you can buy DP using OBC.

A phone call resulted in being told I can do it when on board,,another complication is the loyalty discount,,for me 7.5%.,,I have £300 OBC.

It was explained the OBC would be taken off first then the 7.5% taken off the cost that remains.

ie7 nt DP=£559 less £300 OBC=£259 less 7.5 = £240 to pay.I think that’s correct.🤞

Has anyone experience of doing this?

Yes thats correct. You may however choose not to buy until day 2 as you don't have a full day to use the package on the first day. 

16 hours ago, ccpm said:

You may however choose not to buy until day 2 as you don't have a full day to use the package on the first day. 

I was going to say exactly the same thing... We didn't arrive in Barbados until 10pm on our last cruise, so it would have been a total waste...

18 hours ago, ccpm said:

Yes thats correct. You may however choose not to buy until day 2 as you don't have a full day to use the package on the first day. 

I’m hoping Eavesway will arrive at their usual time of 13:30,plenty of time left to board and have a few beers,,,,I’ve always thought that with the excitement of being on board people seem to drink more the first day.🥳

• Like 1

It’s the same with all pre cruise purchases (excursions, dining etc). You get your loyalty discount but cannot use OBC. If you make any purchases on board it works differently. Any OBC is deducted first, and then your loyalty discount only applies to any outstanding balance. Why the difference? Win, win for P&O 😉 

46 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

If you spend all your generous obc in the shops, presumably P&O are subsidising the franchisees (Hardings, etc)? 

Yes they are as they are subsidising the tour companies if you book tours. Two of our breakfast table friends booked six tours on our last cruise purely to use OBC. We struggled to use our OBC and ended up with 8L of spirits which will/have been given away plus 2 overpriced large toblerones at £7 each, simple case of use it or lose it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

I’m hoping Eavesway will arrive at their usual time of 13:30,plenty of time left to board and have a few beers,,,,I’ve always thought that with the excitement of being on board people seem to drink more the first day.🥳

I was really just trying to explain you can only do this on board which for some is seen as a. valid saving as they feel unable to consume enough to break even on the first day. Personally I always buy at home then its done with and now I have reached lofty heights of priority boarding as you say that gives you plenty of time. However you will have to faff about getting your card and getting the sticker to show you have the package on it usually from a pool side bar. You can buy drinks using your boarding pass from the minute you get on but I am not sure if they can tell you have the package at this point as never asked.

Hi.

I would do it at home but the point of my initial post is you can’t use OBC if you do it this way,,,,you have to wait until you board.

With £300 OBC there is usually nothing on board I want to use that for,hence use it towards DP.

If it is a ‘faf ’ I will buy as you go until it’s done.

If it’s on day2 the cash part of the DP above the £300 will be £74 less,,so it may only be a couple of ££ more than getting it on day1.