Jewel Miami Airport American Airlines Baggage Transfer

ssabaste

Has anyone else on the board used the Jewel / American Airlines Baggage Transfer program? Any problems?

I used the program this past Sunday when I disembarked from the Jewel and 1 of my 2 checked bags is missing. American Airlines states that it wasn't scanned at the airport. I picked them up from Customs and turned the bags over to a Representative (not sure if they were NCL or American Airlines) at the port who was to transfer the bags directly to the airport and then on to my plane. The tags were provided by American Airlines and were printed with my name and flight number.

I have been in touch with NCL and American Airlines. NCL has not gotten back to me yet.

If they don't find the bag does anyone know whom I would file the missing baggage claim with; NCL or American Airlines?

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

As a side note; I was traveling with 2 others and all of us used the Baggage Transfer 5 of 6 total bags arrived with no problem.

Were you on the Jewel this past week. I was and American airlines lost my bag before even getting on the cruise. I gon't know how the return trip is but I received $150 check from American airlines and will be receiving another $250 from the insurance I purchased. I had to go into San Juan to shop because I had nothing. I am not sure how the airlines can lose a bag when it is a direct flight and all other 7 bags checked at the same time made it. I did finally receive my bag but it wasn't until $500. later and three days into the trip. You should still receive some type of compensation. It is for delayed bags but it doesn't say if they are lost before or after your vacation. Good luck to you. I hope it shows up.

I was on the Jewel last week. Great trip! Fabulous weather (except for Monday was a little windy)!!

Yeah, I can't figure out how they lost it either. All the bags were given to the same guy, same spot, same everything and 5 of 6 showed up in DC. They were even stacked on top of each other! From what American Airlines is telling me, the bag did not arrive at the airport. That's why I got NCL involved. Hoping that it is still at the port.

Cindib,

Hey, American Airlines found my bag in Newark, NJ. They are transferring it to DCA, and will be delivering it this afternoon. I'm curious if the Antiguan Rum will still be in it :D

Thanks for your concern.

Cindib,

Hey, American Airlines found my bag in Newark, NJ. They are transferring it to DCA, and will be delivering it this afternoon. I'm curious if the Antiguan Rum will still be in it :D

Thanks for your concern.

I'm betting that now empty bottle of rum is the reason it ended up in newark ;)

Surprisingly, the rum was NOT empty, and all contents of my bag were intact. Looked like no one even opened the bag. :D Hmmmmm...maybe the rum wasn't as good as I thought...no one even stole it!

Thanks to all for caring and writing back to me on my question.

Is this service smething you find out onboard? Or is it posted somewhere?

Were your flights right after you docked? Do they offer it on much later flights? Ours are MUCH later -- 8:49 PM, so I'm a little worried our bags will get lost.

Otherwise, we were going to rent a car at the Port of Miami for the day and drive around -- just so we'd have a place for our luggage.

Thanks for responding.

Archived