Pacific Palisades Hotel - Vancouver

We will have three days (two nights) in Vancouver just after our cruise ... will be there April 30 - May 2.

We booked Pacific Palisades Hotel through Priceline for $90/night.

Has anyone stayed there, and if so, how about a quick review? (Hope no one rains on my parade ... :o )

Any suggestions on what to do while in Vancouver would also be appreciated. This is our second time visiting this lovely city - we had only a day and a half last time, so hopefully we can see a bit more this time. We are NOT planning to have a car, so public transportation and our legs will be our mode of travel.

I have not stayed at the Pacific Palisades but have heard good things about this hotel. I know they have some long stay apartments for rent in addition to hotel rooms and bells are ringing that celebrities used to stay in these apartments when they were in town filiming etc.

In terms of things to do or see - have you taken the Sea Bus to Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver. This is a great place for a morning coffee and fresh baked goods while watching the local people scurry to the Sea Bus to take them to Vancouver to work. What about the Aqua Bus over to Granville

Island for a stroll and maybe lunch? Tons of stores on Robson street and if you keep walking West you will be in beautiful Stanley Park. If you walked West on Georgia or Robson Street until Denman Street, then turned left onto Denman, keep walking South and you will end up at English Bay, when you get to Beach Avenue make another left, keep walking and you will see the Inukshuk which was the inspiration for the 2010 Olympic Games which will be held in Vancouver and Whistler. Or Head over to the Bayshore Hotel and walk around Coal Harbour. It is the scenery that makes Vancouver so special (and of course the people).

Enjoy your stay.

I spent all day today at a meeting at the Pacific Pallisades. Didn't see the guest rooms, but the lobby, restaurant and meeting rooms looked fine. It is an older building that has been modernized and renovated.

I wouldn't have any problem staying there.

• 2 weeks later...

When we checked in, the front desk suggested a room that faced the water and we could see the ships coming in. One thing we really loved was the swimming pool and health club that we could use as guests.

It was a very nice walk to Stanley Park, where we picked up a free shuttle that made a circuit aroung the Park and then had lunch at nice restaurant in the Park.

They were filming I-Robot with Will Smith while we where there but only the production staff was at the hotel, as a side note...

Loved it!

Wolf

Thanks for all the great information! I think we are looking forward to our post-cruise stay in Vancouver just as much as the cruise itself.

One other question - has anyone ever rented bikes and taken a ride around Stanley Park? Any suggestions of how to do this?

Archived