Do we need an adaptor plug - ship and land Tahiti ?

Piaa

I know, silly question (the things you lay awake at night thinking about 🤣) but we are sailing on Wind Spirit for the first time and I don't want to assume that the ships plugs (for hairdryer, phone/laptop) will be "American" so might anyone let me know please.  

Also, I know I will need one in Tahiti so might anyone have a good recommendation fora converter plug for hairdryer and phone/laptop chargers please (or let me know what I am looking for) 

Thank you 

There is at least one US outlet in the room and a low power (shaver) one in the bathroom. There is also at least one European outlet in the room.

A heating appliance like a hair dryer is usually voltage specific so a 110 V one shouldn't be used on a 220 outlet with a plug adapter. (Some travel hairdryers may have a switch to adapt for voltage.) Windstar provides an adequate hairdryer that plugs into the Euro outlet. 

Euro plug adapters are small so you might as well bring a couple.

15 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

I have something similar - they're dirt cheap and weigh almost nothing. Throw some in your bag. If you don't need them you're out a few bucks.