Alaskan Itinerary Change July 27

fourmile.ranch

Is anyone here in the know of why this change was made? Problem is Skagway or just Cunard? Also seems like my original booking already had Hubbard's Glacier but it's now a replacement for Tracy Arm Fjord. Anyone remember the original itinerary? Thank for your insight!Screenshot_20230126-131750.thumb.png.31430940d5acd23184feb401263820f8.png

Could this be the earlier schedule?

7 Jul     Departing from Vancouver, BC Canada hotels
29 Jul     Glacier Bay, Alaska
30 Jul     Skagway, Alaska
31 Jul     Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska
01 Aug     Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
02 Aug     Juneau, Alaska
03 Aug     Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska
04 Aug     Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska
06 Aug     Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
07 Aug     Arriving in Vancouver, BC Canada

19 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Could this be the earlier schedule?

7 Jul     Departing from Vancouver, BC Canada hotels
29 Jul     Glacier Bay, Alaska
30 Jul     Skagway, Alaska
31 Jul     Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska
01 Aug     Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
02 Aug     Juneau, Alaska
03 Aug     Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska
04 Aug     Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska
06 Aug     Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
07 Aug     Arriving in Vancouver, BC Canada

Thank you, sure looks like it. I must have misremembered Hubbard from last year. Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting we were unaware. 

Hubbard likely would have more calving but Tracy Arm feels more intimate to the South Sawyer glacier.  But --- on occasion Tracy Arm has too much ice and then you lose the day completely.  Haines is a poor sub for Skagway, but a delight to us folks who have been to Skagway repeatedly but not Haines.

12 hours ago, kmerlin14 said:

we really enjoyed the Hubbard Glacier in 2019 and the Captain was able to get us very close and we had a great view of the calving.

We also visited Hubbard in 2019 while on QE .. The calving we saw was quite impressive.

• Like 1

An agent at Cunard advised me yesterday that this cruise itinerary was changed on 10/28/22, but they did not update it on their website until 1/29/23. When I checked the cruise port schedule, all of Cunard's sailings to Skagway has been cancelled for 2023. I had booked this cruise and White Pass Summit Excursion in November of 2022, and I was not notified of the itinerary change until 1/26/23. They still have not changed the itineraries on their website for other Alaskan sailings, which include Skagway. Carnival Corp owns the White Pass and Yukon Rail, so I do not understand why they are still allowing a Princess ship access to Skagway on 7/30/23, while canceling Cunard, and still permitting Princess and Holland and other lines access to the port? 

We are on the 20th June cruise with a scheduled call at Skagway on the 23rd. The CLA Alaska site still shows this. In the last few days the site was updated to show berth assignments. The QE is booked at RRA that day. The legend shows that as Railroad Dock Aft. The other two ships in port are the Norwegian Jewel and Carnival Spirit.

It shows the QE also in Skagway on the 10th and 23rd of July and the 12th of August.  There are many days with four ships in port which means two at Railroad Dock. That could be a problem.

https://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/SKG-Skagway-2023.pdf

• Like 1

Thank you for providing the latest port schedule. Per my conversation with CL on 1/28/23, an agent told me that Skagway or Tracy Arm was removed from all QE itineraries. Since the CL website still shows both, I do not know which one has been canceled. I was looking forward to both destinations as they are new to me. I travelled to Alaska for my first cruise last year and Hubbard was spectacular! Coincidentally, I was on my second cruise to the Mexican Rivera with vlogger Gary, who was on his 99th cruise. 

19 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

We are on the 20th June cruise with a scheduled call at Skagway on the 23rd. The CLA Alaska site still shows this. In the last few days the site was updated to show berth assignments. The QE is booked at RRA that day. The legend shows that as Railroad Dock Aft. The other two ships in port are the Norwegian Jewel and Carnival Spirit.

It shows the QE also in Skagway on the 10th and 23rd of July and the 12th of August.  There are many days with four ships in port which means two at Railroad Dock. That could be a problem.

https://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/SKG-Skagway-2023.pdf

Thanks for this information!  I notice the date on this information is Jan 23, 2023. It would certainly be a major disappointment if QE does not call at all at Skagway this year.

Does this dock information get updated weekly?  

7 hours ago, pberk said:

Thanks for this information!  I notice the date on this information is Jan 23, 2023. It would certainly be a major disappointment if QE does not call at all at Skagway this year.

Does this dock information get updated weekly?  

I'm not sure how often it is updated. But the date of Jan. 23rd is not necessarily correct because on that day  I checked to see if berth assignments were listed. They were not.  I don't know the exact date when these assignments were added but I saw them for the first time Saturday the 28th. Perhaps the date of the last update  was when updates about ships calls were updated and the berth assignments were not considered an update. But I will be watching it closely because we have the WP&Y excursion booked. 

I have found that site to be accurate, something I can't say about some of the sites. Of course, changes could happen at any time.

Edited by david,Mississauga