Important update ...Ferifly

Hogbay

It always seemed like a weird double up, but it may have alerted some cruisers to boarding requirements that they didn't bother checking before arriving at the port. I feel like there'll be a slight increase of "we didn't know we had to be vaccinated" people at check in...but I hope not.

1 hour ago, mum and son said:

It always seemed like a weird double up, but it may have alerted some cruisers to boarding requirements that they didn't bother checking before arriving at the port. I feel like there'll be a slight increase of "we didn't know we had to be vaccinated" people at check in...but I hope not.

We never bothered downloading it & never had a problem boarding p&o  There's no excuse for not knowing you need to be vaccinated, its one of the first questions you need to answer checking in online with P&O, Rcl & Princess. 

Edited by joejoe 59
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We did two cruises with P&O who also use VeriFly. From what I could see, VeriFly is only used for p;re-boarding info. They do not access the VeriFly info at embarkation.

It was meant to assist with check-in, but our privacy laws prevented that. 

For the US, it was used to accept vaccination info, and to load the pre-boarding supervised covid test certificate. 

Due to privacy, Aussie terminal staff were unable to access verifly data, so they still needed to sight your vax certificate. As for a test result, you only needed to attest and then attest plus photo if needed for "proof". The only lingering function of Verifly for Carnival and P&O here was that it provided advanced vax proof to count you in the 95%. An online form where you state your vax status is all they need, and if they are not truthful, being denied boarding if they cannot show a vax certificate or the accepted medical exemption.