Carnival gift card question

luvs2beachit

I have a $500 gift card and I want to use it to book a cruise but the deposit is only $400 so what happens to the remaining balance?  Will I be able to present the e-card at guest services to redeem the balance or will I lose the money?  TIA for your help.

Just like any other gift card, it's a declining balance that you can use any number of times. There will be $100 left on it. Use it to pay down your S&S balance onboard. Or prepay for wifi/excursions/etc on carnival.com before you sail.

The remaining balance stays on the card. You can use these funds for things in the cruise planner like shore excursions, drink package ,etc etc or you can use it at guest services to add it to your onboard account 

2 hours ago, luvs2beachit said:

I have a $500 gift card and I want to use it to book a cruise but the deposit is only $400 so what happens to the remaining balance?  Will I be able to present the e-card at guest services to redeem the balance or will I lose the money?  TIA for your help.

the remaining balance will stay on the card (don't lose it), no need to spend it on the ship use the remaining $100 toward the balance on the cruise when due

• Like 1

Yup, Carnival Gift cards never expire.  You can use any balance on future cruises and transactions with Carnival.

If you apply the Gift cards to your Sail and Sign (on-board) account, anything not spent will be refunded to you on a new Gift card which Carnival will mail to you.

• Like 1

OP,

Some people have mentioned that if the card has a partial balance, it cannot be loaded on the on-board kiosk, so you may need to go to guest services.

If you are sure you will spend the $100, you can buy $100 cruise cash from home on the website

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ngrund said:

OP,

Some people have mentioned that if the card has a partial balance, it cannot be loaded on the on-board kiosk, so you may need to go to guest services.

If you are sure you will spend the $100, you can buy $100 cruise cash from home on the website

Have never had an issue applying card with partial balance using kiosk on ship.