Specialty Dining Reservation Issue

CartoonConsultant

I booked my cruise late and all the times left for specialty dining were after 8pm. I want something earlier. I’m a solo traveler. Is there a way to get something earlier if I’m a solo traveler? Is there someone to talk to on board the ship? Can I just go to the restaurant and see if there is a no show? Any thoughts? 

Yes, when on board go directly to the restaurant and ask the staff.  You can also call the reservation number and ask.  Worst is you will be put on the wait list.

Edited by rynsac

Don’t worry too much they never reserve every table. I called the dine line and was told the only time was after 8. Went to have a pre dinner cocktail and walked up to the host and asked he seated us at 7:30 and the restaurant was not full

• Like 1

Our last sailing, the App wasn't working that great.  Sometimes it didn't even show Crown Grill.

When we got onboard, we went to the Crown Grill that afternoon, and there were several people like us, there making reservations.  We were lucky and got what we wanted!

I had the Sea Bass, which was good,   but my husband's inedible steak is a whole 'nother story.

As others have stated, we have never had an issue either getting an actual reservation or just walking up with no reservation at all when on board.  I cannot speak with absolute authority...but it certainly seems that they do in fact always have a few tables "held back".

20 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Our last sailing, the App wasn't working that great.  Sometimes it didn't even show Crown Grill.

When we got onboard, we went to the Crown Grill that afternoon, and there were several people like us, there making reservations.  We were lucky and got what we wanted!

I had the Sea Bass, which was good,   but my husband's inedible steak is a whole 'nother story.

Wow, good to know about the steak. I read that if you don't like the food they bring on a cruise, you send send it back and get something else. Hopefully that's true.

We are on  Ruby that sails in April of this year and could on get 7:30 as the earliest time to make a reservation. When we  were on the Discovery Princess in November of last year and were not able to get a table for two onboard at any time after day three at sea other than at La Mere. We talked to the host and the manger of specialty dinning. With 3800 hundred people on board specialty restaurants  just book up. I would book it online now and try to change or cancel the first day on board