Dining reservations when nothing is available

CruznTheWorld

I wouldn't stress about it too much, as has been mentioned they do hold availability for walk ups. On our last cruise I purposely didn't book a restaurant for our last night because I wasn't sure where I wanted to eat that meal. Ended up stressing about it on board when the only openings were at Gunbae and we'd eaten there already that trip. But we decided to just walk in to Test Kitchen and were seated immediately. I think you don't need to worry about it but do have some flexibility, you may or may not be able to be seated right away as a walk up but they will get you in, or you could decide to try your luck at a different restaurant!

• Like 1

First, call VV to see whether they have reservations available.  The app didn't show any for our cruise on the first day we could book them...but the agent on the phone booked them all for us.  We were on a 14 night cruise and changed a lot of the reservations after boarding or canceled and did walk ups if the app showed nothing available.  The longest we waited was about 10 minutes when dong a walk up. 

And yes, the app is horrible prior to boarding.  A lot of it magically fixes it self once you switch to the ship's wifi.

• Like 1

Call up and check, it might be that sailor services can see something different. 
Otherwise book once onboard as they hold back some they can only be booked onboard. Generally they don’t hold it back for walk ups but most of the time the ship is quiet enough that you can get a walk up at 6pm or 9pm. 7-8pm is busiest.

• Like 1