Dickenson Beach - Been There Lately

CarolRoy

Has anyone been to Dickenson Beach lately. Thinking about going there next month on a cruise.  Is the beach nice, how is getting into and out of the water,  how much is chair rental, are taxis readily available from the port (cost) and readily available when you want to come back.

Usually we take the local bus to Darkwood beach.  But the water there has been rough a few times before.  What about Valley Church beach?  Open to any other beach suggestions.  Thanks for any info.

2 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Has anyone been to Dickenson Beach lately. Thinking about going there next month on a cruise.  Is the beach nice, how is getting into and out of the water,  how much is chair rental, are taxis readily available from the port (cost) and readily available when you want to come back.

Usually we take the local bus to Darkwood beach.  But the water there has been rough a few times before.  What about Valley Church beach?  Open to any other beach suggestions.  Thanks for any info.

For a better beach experience, book one’s lunch/day at Catherine’s Cafe or Cecelia’s (Highpoint).

Or, something different, without a beach, the Sheer Rocks.

Each will deliver a memorable day.

5 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Not interested in a lunch only a great beach.

One was suggesting a total day/beach/lunch etc., for a memorable experience on Antigua.  Understand one has only a singular requirement.  Trust there’ll be a beach found to be great.

Looking to go to Dickerson as well.  Have been to Jolly Beach on prior cruise.  It was nice, but far from port.  Personally I'd rather spend my time on beach than in taxi.  Plus, had to wait for the car to fill up (8 people?) before it left dock.  We then had to all agree on time to get picked up and come back.  Was ok.   I only mention this because I saw signs for Catherine's, which I think is even a bit farther.   We had wanted to go there on a different cruise which was cancelled due to Covid.  It looked really nice.  Lunch right on beach.   Honestly, not sure they are re-opened since pandemic or if they are, check on what days.   

In any case, we thought we'd check out Dickerson Bay this time.  Something a bit closer.   Would love to hear recommendations on area, if there are rentals for chairs/umbrellas and for how much, etc.   

Thanks.

On 1/29/2023 at 9:20 AM, GotMINI said:

In any case, we thought we'd check out Dickerson Bay this time.  Something a bit closer.   Would love to hear recommendations on area, if there are rentals for chairs/umbrellas and for how much, etc.   

Would also like to hear about Dickenson Bay.  Will be going there March 2023.  How was the beach, chair rental, taxi cost.

Hi, my wife and I visited Dickerson beach in December 2022. I must admit I thought the beach had deteriorated somewhat since our last visit which was before the COVID pandemic. We still had a good day by Tony's bar. I believe we paid twenty dollars for two sunbeds, but it depends who you ask! Some people paid less - us18 dollars for two beds. The taxi price had gone up considerably since our last visit, I believe we paid us7 per person each way, 14 dollars each return.

2 hours ago, hammers said:

Hi, my wife and I visited Dickerson beach in December 2022. I must admit I thought the beach had deteriorated somewhat since our last visit which was before the COVID pandemic. We still had a good day by Tony's bar. 

Not sure what you mean by deteriorated. How was entry into the ocean?  Was it easy.  And easy to get out.  Was it easy to get a taxi back to the ship?  Thanks for your reply.