Waitlist for Anytime Dining on Celebration?

irun5k

For our cruise in March we're waitlisted for Anytime- when we booked a few weeks ago I could only get Late.

In your experience, is it likely, or not likely that we'll get successfully switched?  Perhaps there is someone I could see onboard?

Early would also work for us but I'm not sure there is an option to put a second preference. With two kids we normally eat between 5-6 PM at home so late will not be good, especially since it sounds like your dining time also impacts other restaurants outside of the MDR.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up, Carnival emailed me a letter saying they were unable to honor our waitlisted request to move from late dining to any time dining.

I am wondering if we'll have luck changing when on board?  Anyone ever get this sort of a letter in advance of sailing and still have luck changing once on board?

I would imagine that any time dining is the most popular, so maybe we can at least shift from late to early once on board.

23 minutes ago, irun5k said:

Just a follow up, Carnival emailed me a letter saying they were unable to honor our waitlisted request to move from late dining to any time dining.

I am wondering if we'll have luck changing when on board?  Anyone ever get this sort of a letter in advance of sailing and still have luck changing once on board?

I would imagine that any time dining is the most popular, so maybe we can at least shift from late to early once on board.

What's the harm in asking when you get onboard?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, irun5k said:

Yes, we have done exactly this, but to get a leg up we purchased Faster to the Fun when it appeared a week before our cruise. This includes priority choice in dining time although technically it is not supposed to count for YTD. As soon as we were onboard we went right to the MDR and asked to be switched to YTD and we were assigned YTD before dinner. We cannot know if FTTF made a difference, but the person taking our request clearly noted it. 

On 3/9/2023 at 7:43 AM, asalligo said:

Yes, we have done exactly this, but to get a leg up we purchased Faster to the Fun when it appeared a week before our cruise. 

I definitely considered that but it seems F2F is sold out for our cruise.  We'll check with the MDR when we get on board though.  I believe when our TA put us on the waitlist we were only able to specify one choice when in a perfect world we would have been able to indicate a second choice of early dining.  So, I have a good amount of hope that we don't be stuck with late dining.

Guest BasicSailor
On 1/27/2023 at 3:56 PM, irun5k said:

For our cruise in March we're waitlisted for Anytime- when we booked a few weeks ago I could only get Late.

In your experience, is it likely, or not likely that we'll get successfully switched?  Perhaps there is someone I could see onboard?

You could try John Heald. I hear he can pull a rabbit out of his cousins, brothers' hat.🙃