Escape Entertainment Reservations Question

cruiseagona

If I understand correctly, I cannot book any entertainment reservations until I board the ship. Is that correct?

1. Is this something that I will want to do as soon as we board?

2. Can it be done on their app or does it need to be done in the stateroom? 

3. How quick do entertainment bookings fill up? 

4. I am a Platinum member. In the perks listing, it says we have "Early Pre-booking Access for Entertainment"  125 days out. Do you know if that is true? I was told need to book once on the ship. 

8 minutes ago, cruiseagona said:

Ever since COVID there have been no NCL ships with pre-cruise entertainment reservations.

App, stateroom TV, kiosks in the stair lobbies or at the Box Office (maybe also at Headliners comedy club?)

That depends on the cruise and how full the ship is.

4. I am a Platinum member. In the perks listing, it says we have "Early Pre-booking Access for Entertainment"  125 days out. Do you know if that is true? I was told need to book once on the ship.

With no pre-booking of entertainment available this perk is limited to only restaurant reservations.

Edited by hallux

I was just off of Escape last week. In all honesty, the only shows you need to worry about are the Comedy shows at Headliners Comedy Club (which is limited to 2 reservations per person). You do not need to rush at all to make reservations for any show in the Escape Theater - but you do want to make reservations to avoid the standby line.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cruiseagona said:

If I understand correctly, I cannot book any entertainment reservations until I board the ship. Is that correct?

The easiest thing is to go to Headliners, Deck 6 mid-ship as soon as you embark. They will have a menu of all the shows on the cruise. Main theater shows, comedy shows (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+), dinner shows in the supper club. Comedy shows will sell out quickly. 

At the moment, entertainment schedules are being completed close to departure due to impacts of things like COVID. So, only dinner reservations open at 125 days. 

Just got off the Escape (she was sold out this last week). You can’t make reservations through the app or tv until 1pm. I got in line for show reservations at noon and was able to get my limit of two comedy reservations, but most shows were already booked up. We got into more shows on standby, but it was standing room only. I heard complaints that people couldn’t get reservations at Cagney’s by the early afternoon. 

2 hours ago, alrose251 said:

So, what is the best place to make reservations for the shows? Also, I have to make my platinum dinner reservations while onboard.  Where do I make those reservations?

Make show reservations in Headliners (Deck 6 Mid-Ship) and then go across the hall to Teppanyaki (Deck 6 Mid-Ship) for dinner reservations. As a platinum member, you should make your platinum dining reservations exactly 135 days (12 midnight eastern time) prior to departure online (before the rest of steerage get to make reservations at day 120). 

Edited by BirdTravels

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Make show reservations in Headliners (Deck 6 Mid-Ship) and then go across the hall to Teppanyaki (Deck 6 Mid-Ship) for dinner reservations. As a platinum member, you should make your platinum dining reservations exactly 135 days (12 midnight eastern time) prior to departure online (before the rest of steerage get to make reservations at day 120). 

I tried making my reservations.  The app was charging me. 3 different NCL reps told me and my TA that I had to wait till I am on board to book my latitude dinners.  .  I made my 1 free booking dinner, but wanted to charge me for my platinum dinner.  Was told the system doesn't recognize latitude dinners.  

Thanks for your info on where to go onboard.  I appreciate this info!

10 minutes ago, alrose251 said:

I made my 1 free booking dinner, but wanted to charge me for my platinum dinner.  Was told the system doesn't recognize latitude dinners.

Yes, if you only have one FAS meal and then the two Latitudes dinners you're going to have  problem if you want to book more than one venue that has a flat-fee (cover charge).

• Like 1

As a very unimportant status-free cruiser, I booked some dining reservations on T minus 120 days and the steakhouse and French restaurant were wide open. Your mileage may vary, natch. 

Edited by zzdoug

I just booked my cruise, with just 21 days in advance and there are no open reservations left  for just 2 in specialty dining. Am I out of luck? Would I have any luck once on the ship? I really like the specialy dining, and am disappointed, but not surprised. 

4 minutes ago, FFFJanet said:

I just booked my cruise, with just 21 days in advance and there are no open reservations left  for just 2 in specialty dining. Am I out of luck? Would I have any luck once on the ship? I really like the specialy dining, and am disappointed, but not surprised. 

NCL holds tables for booking onboard. Onboard, prime time dining will also sell out on embarkation day, so you should try to get onboard and make dining reservations a priority. You should log on immediately and check-in and get an early check-in time.

What ship will you be sailing on?

Edited by BirdTravels

17 hours ago, alrose251 said:

I tried making my reservations.  The app was charging me. 3 different NCL reps told me and my TA that I had to wait till I am on board to book my latitude dinners.  .  I made my 1 free booking dinner, but wanted to charge me for my platinum dinner.  Was told the system doesn't recognize latitude dinners.  

Thanks for your info on where to go onboard.  I appreciate this info!

The three agents were wrong. Latitudes dinners should be booked online 125 days prior to departure. 

However, it is important to book your fixed fee restaurants (Moderno or Teppanyaki) first, then the a la carte restaurants to avoid charges. You have three options

1) Call NCL and cancel all reservations and try booking fixed fee restaurants first

2) Book the fixed fee restaurant, pay for it now, and at dining time, use your voucher. You will get a refundable OBC for the amount you pre-paid.

3) Wait until you are onboard and book as soon as you embark. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL holds tables for booking onboard. Onboard, prime time dining will also sell out on embarkation day, so you should try to get onboard and make dining reservations a priority. You should log on immediately and check-in and get an early check-in time.

What ship will you be sailing on?

1 minute ago, FFFJanet said:

Great news, thanks for the information... We are on the Epic and arriving a few days before our cruise so I will try to get early check-in.  Help is much appreciated! 

They really are not checking times carefully. BUT,,, if you have been following Cruise Critic, Epic check-in at the Pan American pier has been a disaster on every cruise recently. The cruise terminal has had problems since NCL started using it a few years ago,,, and it is worse now. Scan through recent threads and if you don't want to wait in 3 hour lines in the sun, consider showing up extra early (even if you have to wait for the terminal/security to open)

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The three agents were wrong. Latitudes dinners should be booked online 125 days prior to departure. 

However, it is important to book your fixed fee restaurants (Moderno or Teppanyaki) first, then the a la carte restaurants to avoid charges. You have three options

1) Call NCL and cancel all reservations and try booking fixed fee restaurants first

2) Book the fixed fee restaurant, pay for it now, and at dining time, use your voucher. You will get a refundable OBC for the amount you pre-paid.

3) Wait until you are onboard and book as soon as you embark. 

I did book Teppanyaki first, then Cagney's then when I tried to book Moderna the app is charging me. 

It is only recognizing my free booking dinner not my platinum dinners.  

1 hour ago, alrose251 said:

No, only 1 al carte restaurant and 2 fixed price.  After booking the 1 fixed price the system wanted to charge me. 

Oh, so you only get one free-at-sea meal, then?  For some reason the system doesn't account for the Latitudes melas, but they also aren't pre-loaded on your card - they're actual paper vouchers left in your cabin.