Galley & Bridge Tours

FromMyDeckChair

8 hours ago, blueexpedition29 said:

i am on Encore as we speak and there was both a galley tour day ( watch the calendar or ask when you board as it is limited capcity) as well as a buffet lunch that is set up through the galley.  Very nicely done. 

Shopping with the Chef on this cruise?

On 2/3/2023 at 10:38 PM, blueexpedition29 said:

i am on Encore as we speak and there was both a galley tour day ( watch the calendar or ask when you board as it is limited capcity) as well as a buffet lunch that is set up through the galley.  Very nicely done. 

Thanks for this tip, BlueExpedition29. We'll be on Quest in October, and would like to sign up for these. Who would I ask when we board in Montreal -  Seabourn Square or someone/somewhere else?

MJ

On 1/28/2023 at 10:06 AM, CanAmBrit said:

There was a bridge tour and galley lunch earlier this week on the Quest. Kurt, the HD, says that there will be more galley tours for those who wish it.

CanAmBrit, where do you sign up for the bridge tours?

My wife and I were able to see the bridge on ovation last week in the Caribbean. We went to Seabourn Square and talked to guest relations. They were able to provide us with two different options. The tour was about 45 minutes done by the second officer, it was excellent..

On 2/7/2023 at 12:56 AM, MJfromCA said:

Thanks for this tip, BlueExpedition29. We'll be on Quest in October, and would like to sign up for these. Who would I ask when we board in Montreal -  Seabourn Square or someone/somewhere else?

MJ

just go to guest services in the square.  They will have a sign up sheet. 

OK, so if Seabourn Square doesn't work for both the bridge and galley tours, I'll throw the Seabourn App into the mix as well (though there have been reports of issues with it).

I'm excited about the chance to take these tours, so I appreciate all the help and tips.

MJ

On 2/8/2023 at 6:50 PM, conchyjoe said:

...Not a chinagraph pencil in sight! It’s all gone digital and very electricity and satellite  dependent. Not sure how they would cope if it all goes down.

Now that brings back memories!  I wore out more than a few chinagraph pencils chasing aircraft carriers around the Pacific as a young watch stander.  Like you, not so sure about the automated and fully electronic systems.  But everything changes I suppose.  Looking forward to the chance for a bridge tour on the Odyssey which we board in about five weeks.

We only used chinagraph for plotting on the steam driven radar .. charts were paper and 2B pencils.

I am sure I read somewhere that they are only given basic instruction for terrestrial and celestial navigation, and in respect of the latter no open btridge wings won't help.