Value from Drinks Package

Desert Cruiser 75

I'm 4'11" tall, and no way could I drink that much, not even for a week on vacation:  I don't drink juice because it's just sugar ... I enjoy a simple iced coffee with cream and Stevia a couple times each week ... but even with my family's top-shelf alcoholic genes, if I drank what some people say is normal, I'd be passed out. 

Drinks are a lot of empty calories; personally, I'm comfortable at my current size, and but drinks can change that in a big hurry.  

I do buy into the idea of being able to try a new drink without knowing whether you'd like it ... but it's a high price to pay for the occasional drink you don't like. 

For those who want to feel it's all paid in advance /no problems with a big bill at the end -- I get that ... consider figuring what you'd actually drink each day (not forcing yourself to try to "get your money's worth), and put roughly that amount onto your account ahead of time.  For example, say you think you realistically want 2 drinks each day.  Assume drinks are $16 x 2 drinks per day x 7 days = $224.  Put that amount into your onboard account, and you've created your own right-sized drink package.  You could even throw in a couple extras, assuming you're going to want to over-indulge once or twice onboard, and you're still nowhere near the cost of the drink package.  Your numbers might vary, but you get the idea.