Activities on board?

Augustsunshine

I’m booked on the Nieuw Statendam next weekend. First time on HAL. I understood that there would be at least some enrichment type activities during the day. Cooking classes? Basket weaving? 😉. I had been waiting for daily activities to show up on the Navigator app but now that they have, the only things listed are mainly sales pitches for the spa or spin classes. I assume that there will be some sort of daily schedule, digital or paper with other types of events? What type of events have people seen on recent HAL sailings.

More activities will be added on the Navigator app in the future.  In the meantime, check out some of the “live threads for some sample activities. Here’s one from someone currently on the Rotterdam on the Caribbean.

On 1/29/2023 at 9:15 AM, Augustsunshine said:

I’m booked on the Nieuw Statendam next weekend. First time on HAL. I understood that there would be at least some enrichment type activities during the day. Cooking classes? Basket weaving? 😉. I had been waiting for daily activities to show up on the Navigator app but now that they have, the only things listed are mainly sales pitches for the spa or spin classes. I assume that there will be some sort of daily schedule, digital or paper with other types of events? What type of events have people seen on recent HAL sailings.

On my recent Eurodam cruise, it was mostly infomercials by the spa, bingo, trivia, and games. Port "lectures" just tell you where to shop. HAL once had outstanding cooking classes, but now they are completely gone. As for crafts, I recall only one time, and that was origami. Because it was a Panama Canal cruise, we did get more enrichment than usual, in the form of some excellent films about the history and construction of the canal. I doubt there's anything like that on non-canal cruises. 

36 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

This YouTuber did a video about the exact same question you asked.  She goes through the daily activities on a sea day.  I found it fair.

Love those "executive" talks on HAL. I couldn't listen to her whole review...fell asleep. 🤪

She seemed mixed up about show and dinner times but interesting perspective and as she says "we make our own fun".