What is Celebrity‘s typical schedule in Santorini?

cruisestitch

That in the morning, they are in two at Athinios to start tours from there.  There are tours listed that start at 7:30 and eight and nine a.m.  But at some time the ship moves to the Fira Old Port area, from what I can gather, since all the tours that began at Athinios end in the town of Fira.  When does the ship make that move, typically?

If I were to look for a boat tour that starts from the old Port area, when would that start, if you can recall.

thanks

I agree, but I couldn’t figure out if it would be necessary for the ship to relocate. What I wish I could find is a short excursions that went from Athinios and returned to same, rather than ending in Fira.  I had such a bad experience with that cable car that I am trying to avoid it if it is at all possible, can’t walk down the hill, and won’t ride a donkey. Appreciate the help learning about the tender situation there.

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I agree, but I couldn’t figure out if it would be necessary for the ship to relocate. What I wish I could find is a short excursions that went from Athinios and returned to same, rather than ending in Fira.  I had such a bad experience with that cable car that I am trying to avoid it if it is at all possible, can’t walk down the hill, and won’t ride a donkey. Appreciate the help learning about the tender situation there.

This is in my cruise planner for my Beyond Aug sailing, maybe this is an option? 

Island of Santorini and Oia Village

Begin your journey with a scenic drive to the top of the caldera, an active volcanic islet in Santorini Bay, and learn about the geological upheavals that have shaped the island. Arrive at the scenic village of Oia, which, from its improbable perch on a cliff, offers breathtaking views of the deep blue sea and surrounding islands. Explore the village's narrow, winding cobblestone streets and admire its gleaming white Cycladic-style buildings. Browse local shops, cafes, and art galleries, then drive to a local winery where you'll taste Santorini mezes, sample three local wines, and nibble barley rusks, cheese, olives, and tomatoes. Visit the bodega where the wine is aged. Finally, journey to the village of Fira, where you'll have about an hour to explore the cliff-top village's intriguing narrow streets before the journey to Athinios port, where tenders will transfer you to the ship. This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.