Carry-on soda?

bailey57

Traveling solo with only a daypack for a 4-night sailing on Freedom. In the past, carried on a 12-pack of Diet Coke, but don't need that much for such a short trip. Carnival guidelines say soda now must be "in a carry-on" - can I carry-on 6 sodas in my roll-up pool/beach bag (separate from the daypack)? Thanks. 

Edited by bailey57

1 minute ago, bailey57 said:

Traveling solo with only a daypack for a 4-night sailing on Freedom. In the past, carried on a 12-pack of Diet Coke, but don't need that much for such a short trip. Carnival guidelines say soda now must be "in a carry-on" - can I carry-on 6 sodas in my roll-up pool/beach bag (separate from the daypack)? Thanks. 

Yes, absolutely.  When Carnival says the soda "must be in the guest's carry-on luggage", they mean as opposed to checked luggage.  They don't care what type of bag you carry it on in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bailey57 said:

Yes as  long  as  its  cans . You  can  even  mix  it  up . You  can  take  up  to  12  different  soda  cans  per  person . They  wont  let  you  take  bottles  anymore  though.

18 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

What about longer cruises and what about cases of water?

We got a 30 day in the fall, I’m trying to figure out some of the logistics. 

As long as your water is in cans or cartons, then you can bring water. No bottles allowed. You can order bottles of water to be delivered to your stateroom. The price is surprisingly not bad.

20 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

What about longer cruises and what about cases of water?

We got a 30 day in the fall, I’m trying to figure out some of the logistics. 

1 minute ago, teknoge3k said:

As long as your water is in cans or cartons, then you can bring water. No bottles allowed. You can order bottles of water to be delivered to your stateroom. The price is surprisingly not bad.

^^ Agreed.

The rules at the port of embarkation are the same regardless of the length of the cruise; however, one thing most people aren't aware of is that you can carry on a 12 pack per person at each port, as well as at embarkation.